Hatcher had one helluva embarrassing game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 20, 2010.

1. pjnchamps

pjnchamps Founding Member

Lol good comparsion

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Still the defense was in position to make the play and failed miserably.

3. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I assume you are still talking about the ole miss game. Even if they happened to be in position it was too late. I would defer to Chavis' expertise on that play.

4. Brian

Brian Founding Member

I guess Hatcher is the new Danny McCray.

Poor kid.

5. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Hatcher played like crap but his falls on the D as a whole. LSU has been an extremely poor tackling team all year. Even when at their best LSU is sorry tackling team. They rely on swarming and speed. We need to get to the basics, teaching fundamentals. Tackling has dropped immensely at all levels of football. Kids go for the big hit rather than the sure, wrapping tackle. LSU has that problem. You very rarely see a LSU defender knock an opposing player backwards. More times than not they drag the LSU defender forward.

That said, Hatchers ass should have been on the bench but of course he wasnt. No accountability.

6. Jean Lafitte

Jean Lafitte The Old Guard

I guess the LSU Defense philosophy is to go for the big hit in the secondary rather then tackling the old fashioned way.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2 weeks in a row Karnell Hatcher is the worst player on the field. He cost us 21 points in this game. I have never seen a more pathetic excuse for a safety. However, why in gods name were our safeties playing 15 yards off the line of scrimmage whwn it was utterly obvious that a hail mary type play was coming with 6 seconds left? This loss belongs to Hatcher, Chavis, Crowton, and the o line. Jordan is still holding the ball way too long also.

8. Jester

Jester Founding Member

The loss belongs to the whole team...........just think about the Arky fumble that our guys bumble around and knock out of bounds early in the game by trying to leap onto the damn thing instead of just grabbing it with their hands. That puts us on their 5 yard line 1st and Goal.

There were DOZENS of chances for us to win that game, just like Auburn.........we didn't execute and take advantage of them.

There were PLENTY of mistakes to go around. Oh, and yes Hatcher is the new McCray. I'd prefer not to ever see him on the field again.

As soon as I saw the name McCray, I got chills and a little nauseous.

9. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

That would only lead to 3 points and we still lose.:grin:

1 person likes this.
  10. northernvatiger

northernvatiger Founding Member