Hatcher to lb

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Rwilliams, Feb 25, 2011.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

Really wasn't as bad as everyone is saying. He played well after returning from injury and then had a bad string of games to end the season. Fans ran with it IMO.

2. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

And your contribution to LSU football is, what exactly?
    Typical short memory syndrome of 21st century football fans. People forget that Hatcher has been playing meaningful minutes at safety since his freshman year (including the 51-21 loss at Florida where he came off the bench and was pretty much the only defender who played well) but since he made a couple of high profile mistakes late in the year, he's all of a sudden garbage.

Same thing happened to Danny McCray, who actually made a lot of positive impact during his time at LSU but quickly became the whipping boy of Tiger nation's countless mousepad quarterbacks.

It's unfortunate, but that's how things are. Hatch will be a damn strong LB though, that much is certain. Guy loves to hit and has more than enough speed for the spot.

3. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

I disagree. If this is true then it means that Buddy was right and that's VERY surprising...

4. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

5. bigloggerhead

bigloggerhead The voice of reason

Maybe so. Just seems like every time I saw him on a highlight reel it was for a blown coverage or a missed tackle. Maybe I'm wrong. Just seemed to me that he gave up more big plays than he prevented. That being said, I think he will have better value at LB.

6. MobileBengal

MobileBengal Founding Member

But is it not fair? Sure, maybe he played a lot of meaningful minutes, but I can't name a game we would have lost without him. I can name at least one off the top of my head that we probably would have won without him, Arkansas last year. For the record, I think he is going to make a fine LB.