"Hate Crime"

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by LSUTiga, Jan 5, 2017.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

It was horrible violence and a hate crime. Inflicting violence on someone because of their race, religion, disability is the worst of the worst, and they should be removed from society.

GiantDuckFan likes this.
  2. CajunlostinCali

CajunlostinCali Booger Eatin Moron

3. Kal-El012

Kal-El012 Founding Member

I wonder if the white people in the town or city this happened in will be looting, rioting, and protesting? What will Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson say about this?

4. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

ITs pretty cut and dry in this case and to be used to get a hired sentence, I am ok with it.

5. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Labeling crime is important to the victim and the perp. Sometimes the victim has to know that it is not personal, its' just business. Its' all in the game yo.

6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Where is the pansie patrol? Can't wait to see what thier crying asses have to say about it

7. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

That's really the point I think. While I agree that a crime has already been committed, the punishment for it may not be enough. By including the element of hate, people like this can get locked up for quite a bit longer and it gives victims an opportunity for civil claims.

Additionally, it's a normal aspect of our judicial system to consider motivation when charging or sentencing someone. For instance, we make a distinction between justifiable homicide, manslaughter and 1st degree murder. All have different motivation. Kidnapping and torturing someone are crimes but when motivated solely by race, they become a different sort of crime IMO.

LSUpride123 likes this.
  8. mctiger

mctiger RIP, and thanks for the music Staff Member

Ever seen the movie "Analyze This?" Pretty good comedy with Billy Crystal as a shrink trying to help mob boss Robert DeNiro through some personal issues. At one point, Crystal sees too much and DeNiro orders the hit. The hitman tries to use the "its just business, nothing personal" line, and Crystal says,"Don't kid yourself. It doesn't get any more personal than this."

If I'm lieing in a pool of my own blood, I doubt I'd give a shit why they did it to me.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

If this is about the special needs kid that was beat up and tortured by the black kids it's a hate crime because at one point one of them says "say you love black people" while torturing him. At that point it's racially motivated and these cowards deserve everything they get. Fuck em I hope they burn.

10. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Here's some screwed up media coverage. On MSN's home page, this is what you see....
    Yeah, a picture of 4 people....who happen to be the victim's family....and it was cropped because there was a 5th family member just to the left.

Here are the REAL perps....
    [​IMG]

I wonder why THEIR picture isn't on the front page?

tirk likes this.