Hats off to auburn.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by geauxtigers45, Oct 24, 2010.

1. geauxtigers45

geauxtigers45 Founding Member

Very clean hard fought game. Of course, as an lsu fan didnt like the outcome, but we were beat by the clearly better team. Newton is scary good, better than i thought for sure, heisman is most likely his to lose. d line played lights out, couldn't block yall. not sure the DT's name, been drinking since earlier, but the guy is an animal.

Good luck the rest of the way.

Geaux tigers

1 person likes this.
  2. lsu_mackey

lsu_mackey Agent Purple

I think you posted this on the wrong forum.

3. LSUpride123

LSUpride123 PureBlood

Clean?

I dunno about that, but AUB is a good team.

IMO, if their O keeps going like that, only Oregon will have a chance to beat them only B/C they can score more.

4. ParadiseiNC

ParadiseiNC don't worry, be happy

Well, I agree with what you are trying to say. CNewton was certainly better than I thought he would be against our defense. In fact, their run game was outstanding as the stats bear out. I never thought in my wildest dreams that they would rush for over 400 yards. The pass offense for AU was minimal b/c they did not need to.

Our Tigers played hard. They were simply not the better team today, and yet we lost by only one TD. Not bad in their stadium.

Agree with others about the WR play, but that's football. Happens to many teams in many games. Gotta catch 'em, but also gotta overcome those mistakes at other moments of the game. Biggest difference to me is that we did not get enough turnovers, did not score a TD on the one we did get, and did not have any big STs play outside of our punter having a career game.

All in all, I don't like to lose, but I was more pissed off the moment it seemed we lost to Tenn. (and was still upset even though we won, b/c of the way we won). I personally predicted a 10-2 season and a BCS bowl, which we are still on path for. We lost to an outstanding team - better than I thought- so we trudge on and control what we can control. :geaux:

5. Herb

Herb Founding Member

I respect Auburn for doing the honorable thing by taking a knee at the end of the game when they had 1st and goal instead of running up the score.

6. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

I made my first trip to Auburn this weekend and I have to tell you that the Auburn fans are first class. I kept waiting for some sort of razzing or trash talking both before and after the game but with only one exception they were classy. They were certainly a hell of a lot more hospitable then a lot of LSU fans at Baton Rouge.
    It was certainly hard watching us go down but they didn't make it even harder by rubbing it in.

Hats off to Auburn :thumb:

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

clean my ass. Nick Fairlay is the dirtiest player in college football and the dirtiest player i have seen in a long time. Good kids like Sam Montgomery get injured and cheap shot artists like Nick Fairlay are free to roam around and try to injure people.

8. TUSKtimes

TUSKtimes Riding the Wave

Auburn's offensive line was so good it just never felt like they had to pass the football. Getting over 400 yards rushing with McCalebb going 70 for the go ahead TD will do that. I think LSU played hard but just needed more offense, particularly in the air.

Oh, Newton is really good. I've yet to see him take a deep breath even after some of those sprints.

9. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

+1

We got beat fair and square. Auburn was the better team out there. Our guys played hard. We just fell a little short. And yes, they could have won by 14 if they wanted to.

10. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

not sure why you keep slamming this kid...he basically played his arse off and won that game for Barner.