Have a funny feeling about LSU, USC, UF & OU BCSNC Game

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by TenTexLA, Sep 17, 2007.

1. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I'm thinking OU has the best chance to go undefeated at this point. If OU does, say LSU and Florida split two games and USC loses one, then who faces OU in the Championship game? Of course the winner of the SEC Championship game would have the inside track since USC does not have a conference championship game. And how the polls vote really drives everything. But OU finishing undefeated would change everything.

Yes, we really do need a playoff! Anybody have any other scenarios they see playing out?

Of course I'm thinking LSU will win out and probably face OU again.

2. TigerKid05

TigerKid05 Say Whaa!?!?

OU is a little overrated IMO, and by a little, I mean a lot.

3. TexTiger

TexTiger Founding Member

I agree that OU aint all that but then again who do they play? Texas is way overrated this year. I think OU will go undefeated. No one from the North can play with them in the big 12 championship.

Unfortuately I live in Big 12 country and its easy to get fed the OU koolaid

4. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

I'm hoping with these scenarios forming the way they are this will push us closer to a playoff system sooner then later. It would be very frustrating to see a weaker undefeated OU team waiting for either LSU, USC or UF come into the NC game and blow them out. All football fans would be left wondering how exciting a playoff format of say the winner of UF,USC and LSU, OU meeting for the NC. God forbid we get another USC/OU NC blow out game.

5. khounba

khounba Founding Member

Any time one of the top two teams in the SEC makes it to the MNC, it will be a blowout.

In your playoff scenario I don't think both LSU and UF would be included. The loser of the SECCG would probably miss out. If not, we could play UF 3 times in one season. Nobody wants to see that.

6. TenTexLA

TenTexLA Founding Member

Good point, I guess that is why it has been so difficult to bring in a true playoff system. Some type of formula will have to select who makes it into the playoff series. That will open another can of worms. I guess the debate will never actually end on who should play for the NC.

7. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I'm not willing to say OU is over rated until the struggle with a ranked team. They have dominated their games just as LSU has. Of course one of those teams were a ranked team (Vtech) that we tore up, whereas OU hasn't done anything similar. The closest to a ranked team they played was Miami.

So until they struggle against a ranked team, I'm not saying they are over ranked. I watched the Miami/OU game and their QB looks good, very good pair of WR's and RBs, and the defense is speedy.

They aren't over ranked IMO. But the only tough game will be UT and they look terrible. They shouldn't have any problem going undefeated. They have a clear path to the NC game. USC, UF, and LSU are fighting for the 2nd spot in that game.

That's why we need USC and OU to drop one.

8. khounba

khounba Founding Member

So are you saying OU is going to be #1 even if LSU and USC win out? Unlikely.

9. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

I can see it now....
    OU will get its 'signature' win by beating Texas. And Texas fans will continue to believe that they have a good team with only one loss.

10. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

You have to factor in the computer polls. OU will be hurt in these polls if the Big 12 turns out to be as weak as they appear to be. Should OU have the same record with two or more teams from stronger conferences, they may be left out of the NCG.