Have any of ya'll ever snuck in tiger stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tbass82, Feb 5, 2004.

1. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

This weather sucks, we are all stuck on campus. A few nights me and my friends would get the urge to go in Tiger Stadium, what's amazing is we got in rather easily in 2 out of the 3 tries. You think they would lock the gates. I guess they think people aren't dumb enough to try, but seeing that stadium at night, with no lights, and just shadows, the upper decks seem to just go on forever, it's amazing. If anyone has any Tiger Stadium stories, let us know.

2. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I once snuck into tiger stadium in the early 90's. I was a soph in the spring semester and I was leaving a class with some friends in the design building. One of the guys said he walked right into the stadium the other day and would we like to join him. We said sure. We actually walked right through the gates and on to the field without any trouble, we were not even sneaking around. I remember running on the field and pretending to score TD's and all kinds of stupid stuff. I tried again years later but the gate was locked.

Has anyone ever been in the tunnels? I went down there a few times. It is hot, steamy, and there is all kinds of early 80's late 70's grafitii on the walls. It's pretty easy to get under there and move around. You can go all over campus from under there. Be warned, it is very dirty and don't touch any pipes (those things can burn the hell out of you).

3. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

what tunnels, and how do you get there?

4. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

The easiest entrances to the tunnels are located in or near the quad. Just lift the manhole covers, and if I remember right there are a few easier entrances that are bacially staircases that run right to the tunnels. Look around the Architecture Building, that is where we used to go. The tunnels that run under the campus are used for pipes and wiring.

5. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

Remember, it might be better to do this when it is not raining. Go try it after a few days of dry weather. Now, it is a little dangerous down there, I burned the hell out of my arm once doing it, and try to wear old clothes and shoes you don't mind getting very dirty. If you enter around the Architecture building, head toward the library once you are underground. When you reach the library there is a few other tunnels that lead throughout campus and sort of common area that has all the grafitii.

Another entrance to the tunnels is behind the library, I just remembered it . . .it's in that mini quad behind the library. It has two metal square pieces, lift those up and there is one of the entrances.

6. LSU667

LSU667 Founding Member

When they were building the new upper deck a few years back a buddy of mine and his lady friend snuck in (gaps in on one of the fences i believ) for a 3am errr... ummmm Oral examine on her part at the fifty yard line. The same two also snuck into Alex box the next month for a reenactment on the pitchers mound.

7. LSU

LSU Founding Member

When I played on the club soccer team and we had to run the bleachers, we entered through the gates if no one was in the weight room to let us in.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have been in the tunnells many times. its really fun. there are billions of places to get in. once i was walking around in there and i got disoriented, so i climbed up and out, not knowing where i was. it turned out i was right in front of middleton library and tons of people were staring at me. i pretended i was doing maintenance down there, which was really stupid because i was obviously a stupidass student who had been fooling around down there.

1 person likes this.
  9. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

HAHA! I wish I could have.....A) seen the look on your face when you realized what you had done and...B) seen the looks on everyone elses face when you appeared.

As far as sneaking in with a "lady friend", I know a few who have done that, and they are what we call in the "50 Yard Line Club", which as soon as I get a girlfriend, I'll be in. I went with a girl once, but she's like my best friend, that would have been weird.

10. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

Don't go in the tunnels in the rain. They fill up quickly. There are also big rats there.