Have any of ya'll ever snuck in tiger stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tbass82, Feb 5, 2004.

1. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

It's awesome being on that field. Running down the sidelines, running in the endzone, standing on the eye and just looking around. I like to think of the past legends who have played there, and then I visualized Cannons run against Ole Miss.......by the way, my dad is an Ole Miss alum and he still thinks of that play as the greatest of all time even though Ole Miss lost. BUT!! good news is he is more of a Tigah fan now that his baby boy is over here. He said if he was still in high school and had a chance to go anywhere, he would choose LSU

2. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

Texican...the old rumor was that Huey had a special one that ran all the way from the Ole War Skule to the Old State Capital...

It's also rumored that the "Botanical Garden" actually has some tunnels of some types running underneath it...

My dad's been down in the tunnel's before, and I've heard about them and seen some entrances...but never gone in.

Anyone ever caught the train from the Alex Box Parking Lot to Tigerland? I think Crawfish told me a story about the Kinchen boys, and how Brian once caught the train there, and got scared because it really started speeding up, and damn if he didn't end up calling his friends later that night to come and pick him up when it slowed down...IN NEW ORLEANS, LOL!

3. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I would say me and some friends could try it out late tomorrow night, but I would rather not have the word DROWNING on my death certificate.

4. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

During the early 70's a friend's mom worked at LSU and during the summer we would go to work with her and wander the campus. because it was summer and the campus was somewhat empty, we went about everywhere we weren't supposed to (except the tunnels).

Being curious 12 year old boys, we snuck into Tiger Stadium and lo and behold, there was the biggest slide in the world set up coming straight down the north end zone, from the scoreboard to the field. We were happy that the stadium was empty except us, even at midday.

It was when they were changing out all of the seats to aluminum from wood. The "slide" was constructed of three aluminum seats welded together to form a U. They were sliding the old wood bleachers down this and collecting them at the bottom.

Well, we saw this as an awesome opportunity to slide down. Several times down and it was starting to get fun. You couldn't get up too much speed, so it didn't seem that dangerous. We finally stopped when I was sliding down and caught my jeans on a weld stub and ripped them wide open down the side. I came pretty close to hurting myself badly. That was the end of the fun that day.

We used to sneak into the PMAC, the track stadium was always open & it was GREAT to play football on the Tartan Turf artificial grass in the infield - especially when it rained - you would slide 20 yards if you were going fast with no rug burns!!!

Those were the days. I really miss 'em. I was glad that I got to know the campus even before I went to school there...

5. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

In the 70's my brother and a friend actually STOLE one of the beacon lights from off the bridge and set it up in their apartment...

...they said the only way they would go up there was if they were "Bud brave" after a # of beers....

Crazy bastids, I say...

6. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

Thats awesome that it's open during regular hours. But something about being out there when you aren't supposed to, and it's just you and maybe 2 friends, and it's night time, it's an unreal feeling.

7. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

the best is sneaking into the nadatorium(sp?) with stupid friends...and putting on a diving competition...ha, funny stuff

8. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I just got this really funny thought in my head. I don't know where it came from. But wouldn't it be funny if we had a TIGERFORUMS get together at the stadium. I can see us all in there with nametags that have our Member Names on them. That would be pretty funny I think. GROUP PICTURE!!!!

9. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

that sounds like a damn good way to get us all arrested
    ok i'm in

1 person likes this.
  10. Eleven

Eleven Founding Member

ill do it

how are we going to get the keg in?