Have any of ya'll ever snuck in tiger stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tbass82, Feb 5, 2004.

1. TigerWins

TigerWins Founding Member

Let's not tell the terriosts this, OK? ;)

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Gate Five is almost always left open at Tiger Stadium. Walk right in. Especially in the daytime. Nobody gives a shit.

When I was living in the Pentagon barracks in the early 70's, we would sneak into the pool at the Huey Long Fieldhouse late night by climbing over the end wall. Some of the guys would jump into the pool from the roof. That took more balls than I had because Huey's pool ain't very deep and you had to get a lot of horizontal distance to clear the walks.

LSU has pretty much closed off the old tunnel system with locked hatches and gates, compared to the old days. There are a lot of hot steam pipes and asbestos down there. There were light sockets all along the tunnels, but there were very few with bulbs in them. We used to relay along the tunnels screwing in light bulbs.

We went in the hatch between Pentagon A and B barracks once and came out an hour later in the basement of Atkinson Hall.

3. JereskiLSU

JereskiLSU Freshman

fun times

I have pics of me standing on the Goal post and in front of the locker room. I got in waiting for tickets all night for our first sec champ with saban. I also ran the bases at alex box that night! That night was great until the lsu pd showed up. They didn't do us anything, just gave us a warning. I have also been through the dorms waiting all night outside the p-mac for the LSU/Kentucky bb game that we won when swift was here.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

After reading this thread, the campus police will have barricades up at every entrance. Armed guards on the roof. All gates locked. :)

But I still think that it's cool. I've always wanted to sneak in Tiger Stadium.

5. LSUfan4life

LSUfan4life Founding Member

I know i'm definately gonna try it now and the tunnels too

6. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Some of the most fun I had on campus was in the mid 70's (I think '75) when they allowed camping in the track stadium grass for tickets to see the Who (Nov 75) and Zeppelin (Mar 75). There were about 100+ tents set up, and almost continuous partying going on for 2-3 days. The campus police were pretty cool, and never really messed with anybody.

In "Whoville", on one of the nights we were camped out it rained like hell, and we played a MASSIVE FB game on the Tartan turf.

WHAT A GREAT TIME.

I don't think I made it to one class during those campouts.

I don't think they would allow that sort of thing today...

7. MALONE121212

MALONE121212 Founding Member

I just saw this thread, but me and 4 of my friends snuck in to the Stadium at least 3 times and played football for at least 1 hour 2 of the 3 times. We also played one time in the practice facility. If you are a student you have got to go run on the field. :geaux:

8. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

When I was a freshman in '73 some guys from Hatcher Dorm and I went out onto the field about 3 hours after a game and played touch football. Each of us also recreated the Billy Cannon touchdown run.

My better stories of "sneaking in" come many years later as an adult. My two best pals and I always met up in Lexington, KY, for the LSU-UK game. About 10 years ago I decided we needed to spice things up a bit and so we started "sneaking in" to Commonwealth Stadium the day before the game. My experience is that if you LOOK like you are supposed to be wherever you are, no one will question you.

The first year we did this I ended up sitting in the office of Kentucky's quarterbacks coach having a nice chat with him. In succeeding years we started sneaking into the LSU locker room and writing "messages of inspiration" on the blackboards. On the day before "The Bluegrass Miracle" I reached my zenith - actually walking into the LSU locker room after all the equipment had been hung in all the lockers. The temptation was definately there to grab a helmet and bolt - but that would be stealing from LSU! Dear old Jeff Boss and his crew were unloading a Ryder truck and were taking stuff in. I decided that if someone from LSU challenged me I would tell them I was with the stadium catering staff. If someone from UK challenged me I would tell them I was with LSU. But no one ever challenged me. Someone from LSU gave me a couple of looks and the next time he was near me I had my cell phone to my ear saying, "Look, we're supposed to have six 8-foot tables set up down here. Can you tell me what the status is on those?"

So anyway, that was a lot of fun - but since UK is off the schedule for a while we will have to find a new place to sneak around in.

9. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

I somehow got to play in the practice facility a few weeks ago, caught a TD pass from Kyle Williams, that dude is one great athlete, he's like 290 and runs like a 4.8, he was flyin for a big guy.

10. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

These tunnels sound like fun. Can I get in trouble for going down in those? I ask cause I'm currently in trouble with the school. I'm a student.