Have any of ya'll ever snuck in tiger stadium?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tbass82, Feb 5, 2004.

1. tiger777

tiger777 Founding Member

lsu if they catch you they will usaually just give you a warning. and if ya'll just want to go into the stadium to chill or to study, the east upper deck is always open during the day. its nice to go sit in during a warm spring day just to study. the lower deck is open to. Its cool sometimes in spring when i go in there the lineman will be out there running. damn those big guys can move. I don't know if anybody has been on top of kirby before but i got to go up there one time my freshman year. that was pretty cool.

2. LSUBud

LSUBud Founding Member

Although I've been in the Stadium NUMEROUS times, I once wandered in there (well after I graduated). THere was a little room off to the side and they had ALL KINDS of player equipment (no helmets or jerseys, though). The most intriquing thing were shoes. The thing that made them so intriquing was that they were all lined up and each of them had the players number written on the back.

OH the temptation to take Kevin Faulk's cleats. BUT, I did the right thing and resisted my temptation.

3. tbass82

tbass82 Founding Member

When I was walking through the Quad today going to class I was scoping out all the areas where the tunnels could be. And thinking about what I would do, it's amazing that sometimes we never wanna grow up. Boys will be boys, we always wanna do something thats a little dangerous yet will be really fun.

4. JasonBohn

JasonBohn Founding Member

This is a very cool thread...the first time I ever saw tiger stadium was on a visit a couple years ago before I moved to Baton Rouge. Me and my mom came to visit some family down here, and went to check out the campus. One of the gates was open so we just kinda headed in. Being from Wisconsin, it was so amazing cuz i had only seen Tiger Stadium on ESPN, but we walked around a little bit, took a couple pictures on the field and it was at that time, what i thought to be a once in a lifetime opportunity. I guess now i'll have to go back and do it again, probably with a football this time. After we walked around the field, we walked right into the bill lawton room, there is a ton of amazing stuff in there, including alot of the bowl trophies, billy cannons heisman, and portraits of all the all americans. We were wandering around for awhile, then we came upon the meeting rooms, diffrent rooms for QB's, WR's, and everything like that, it was amazing just to think of all the history in those rooms. It was like a dream come true. Then we headed over to Alex Box and that was open too, which was all really suprising. There was some grounds crew guys there working, and my mom talked one of them into letting me on the field. So, I have pics of me on the field at the box too. Being about 18 at the time, it was something I'll always remember. Now that i've lived here for a year and a half, and been to both of those places a bunch of times, it's like home...but I'll always remember my first time at Tiger stadium and the box...

5. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

Great One:

When I was there around 95 I used to go to the stadium to run. I would run the steps and the rises underneath ( a perfect regimine btw) after running I would kinda wander around. on one side it was the old dorms still in original dusty condition, on the other side was the old athletic offices, some even with old trophies and stuff(I honestly never touched anything though)

It was extremely cool. I can't believe it was almost ten years ago...man time flies..

6. usmctiger

usmctiger Founding Member

Also the area around the old gym armory and Long fieldhouse is/was awesome to explore. The old dungeon/racqetball courts were creepy and hard to find unless you knew where. My last year '97 we explored a lot. The old basketball court in the gym armory was cool.

I haven't checked but I bet it's all redone or torn down now. Back then it was all in original 1950-1980 condition....

7. martin

martin Banned Forever

the easiest way to get in the tunnels that i found was on the corner of the quad at atkinson hall on the side further from the union. you dont have to open anything, just step over a railing.

so if you are looking at the quad with your back to the library, walk all the way down on the right side past dodson and those other ones until you get to the other end of the quad at atkinson, then jump over that railing and duck under inside there, then you can walk back the way you came directly under the path you took from the library, and branch out to parts unknown. if you dont want to get caught, then i wouldnt pop blindly out just through any exit you find, you might pop out somewhere too open.

plan on sweating and getting steamed.

8. OklahomaTiger

OklahomaTiger Founding Member

Quite an experience

I snuck into Tiger Stadium before my first game in September of 1996. I guess a maintenance man had left one of the gates open. I jumped the fence onto the field and ran the field - it was quite an electrifying experience, especially from somebody who'd never seen the inside of Tiger Stadium. That Saturday, my date made me leave the Houston game with us down 14-34 in the third quarter, so I had to listen to the comeback on the radio back at our tailgate. I was pretty ticked to say the least, and well, we never dated again!

9. LSU Stud

LSU Stud Founding Member

Do you get in trouble if you go down in those tunnels?

10. MiketheTiger69

MiketheTiger69 Founding Member

I know I am going to be telling my age here but that's okay 'cause the statute of limitations has to be up by now.
    Back in Cholly Mac's heyday, when I was just a young pup in Jr. high (Do they still call it Jr. High?), a friend of mine and I would go early on game days and sneak into the stadium while they were still loading up the stands and stuff. This is in the days of when they still sold Cokes and 7-ups out of bottles carried in buckets and hot dogs out of carriers with Sterno. It didn't matter that we were going to get in anyway as we worked selling hotdogs out of a wholesale stand, we just liked to go in early and play hide and seek with the guards, drink free drinks and say we were the first ones in the stadium.
    It was a lot of fun to have those guys
    chase us and we would hide on the roofs of the bathrooms and stands and such. Never did get caught.
    But what was even more of a challenge was to go over to the old swimming pool and sneak into the girls locker room or hide behind the big air conditioner on the hill outside it and watch the girls get dressed and undressed. They always left the windows open so it was no big deal to lie down on the ground and look in. Man what a treat for 12-14 yr. old boys!
    Of course if I ever caught my kid doing that I'd probably bust his ass but this is a different time now. Back then we got caught a couple of times and just got run off. Now you'd get arrested and put in jail.
    To the person who asked about the catwalk on the Miss. River bridge, please, anyone thinking about it, DON'T DO IT!!!!!!
    A very good friend of my family is currently a paraplegic after falling off of it one night about 25 yrs. ago. To see this once promising young man reduced to the state of helplessness he is and the cost to his family emotionally and financially for a couple hours stupid "fun" is truly heatbreaking.
    I would hope that anyone contemplating this stunt or going into the tunnels or anything else will stop and think about the possible consequences and costs to yourself and your family and decide not to do it. It's not worth it.
    God bless you.

GEAUX TIGERS!!!!

LSU, 2003, BEST IN THE NATION AND THE SEC!!

:geaux: :helmet: :lsug: :helmet:

1 person likes this.