Have at it.

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Fishhead, Oct 2, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

Feels? Doesn't it LOOK that way? This isn't some religious stuff were are talking about here, this is hard evidence that we see week in and week out. Yes, we won, but look who we played.

Do you honestly think we will beat Florida? And I don't ask this facetiously. Given how we've played and how badly we were out coached, do you think we beat Florida next week? Bama?

2. kluke

kluke Founding Member

Here's me searching for that silver lining

Does any other team's fan get as much of their whole tickets value as Tiger Fans. Not only do we get a full game of excitement; our team extends the game without using overtime. And our team doesn't make the last half quarter boring - -NOOOOooo even in victory every game packs drama all the way to the last second. Thanks guys for making it so damn real!!

Seriously, thanks guys for being a team that never gives up. Say what you want - there's no quit in this bunch. They fight.

3. ozarkbengal

ozarkbengal Founding Member

Maybe .............. Still have perty darn good defense.

4. geauxgeauxhon

geauxgeauxhon blah blah blah

I got nothing. It's obvious that there's a SERIOUS problem on the coaching staff at this point. Worse than the historic clusterfrick those last two plays of what we thought was the game was pulling JL...who had MOVED the f'ing team to the goal line...for JJ. It ruined the team's rhythm, ruined the mood, and it f'ing directly led to the debacle at the end, IMO. Don't get me started on the play calling. The actual TD run by Ridley should've been the first freaking call of the series. I am LIVID.

The ONLY good thing I saw (maybe not the only, but I'm pissed) was putting JL back in after his end zone interception.

Well, I did see one more good thing...JL looks like he WANTS to lead, even after a busted play or a bad decision, he keeps trying. JJ looks scared most of the time, and after busted plays, just looks pissy. I think it's clear who the starter should be, and if CLM starts JJ next week against Florida, I am going full-out-TC-ranting-idiot on ya'lls asses...just an FYI.

Edited to add: I yelled at my TV when JJ FELL ON THE BALL AT THE 'END' OF THE GAME. No awareness. None.

Props to Hebert for getting the ball snapped at 2 seconds.

Still livid.

5. Dat-Tiger-Fan

Dat-Tiger-Fan Founding Member

I dunno..i think it is more of JJ panicing and not showing any leadership than coaching...anyone with half a football brain knows to spike the ball in that situation...why is jj even looking at the sideline?...get to the line and spike it...and then hoe do you not catch the snap???

6. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

And this...

7. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

I really dig this chick. :rofl:

And CP...I'm just gonna go on hoping this was a trap game or something. I don't think LSU canNOT win at UF. Like I've said earlier...like preseason...I want to have the feeling like I used to where I always EXPECTED to win. But no, I'm not to the point where I don't THINK we can win. Sorry if that makes me a pumper/negatiger. I don't think I am. I am appalled at how the game ended.

To that note, I blame Miles. For putting JJ in. I understand why he did...so the QB could run it in if it was available. But I don't blame him for JJ not having sense enough to line up the team and spike the friggin' ball. That's not something you should have to tell a friggin' junior QB in the SEC. In fact, that isn't something you should have to tell a 12 year old junior high backup QB.

8. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I know you do. Even the most pumping of pumpers can't deny what happened today. I think a lot of eyes were forced open today.

But I think LSU CAN win next week, but I don't think we WILL. Miles + Crowton + suspect offense = lots of ???

I understand, but either way, Miles is to blame. You put in a guy who can only run, and everyone in that stadium knew they were going to run that play. Also, he put a guy in there who played terrible almost all game other than the first play of the game.

JJ doesn't have sense because of bad coaching or he's never had it. Either way, we need a dude that can scope out QB talent, because whoever is doing blows at it.

Probably not, but with that little bit of time, it wouldn't hurt to let him know just in case, especially after what happened to the Ole Miss game last year. Keep in mind that he should have spiked it, but the team wasn't set until the last second. Too much chaos.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Sista summed it up.

I'm done with miles and crow can go too.

10. ThePhenom74

ThePhenom74 Founding Member

Words cant describe what I was thinking watching the ending of the game. Its to the point where its almost laughable. This game was the last straw for me with Miles/Crowton. Theyve got to go. Plain and simple. For a coach to have this type of mis-management yet again is UNACCEPTABLE.

Not to mention the constant QB changes. Lee was getting a rhythm despite not scoring. Yet Miles would go right back with JJ. Its obvious JJ and more importantly the team have no faith in him. Look how many drops and poor play there was with JJ. When Lee was moving the ball you didnt see the drops.

Whats another big factor for me and has been in my complaints on Miles is the fact each of the last three years LSU has regressed as the season goes on. Its an obvious reflection of the coach, who lacks the focus. The penalties, drops, etc are a reflection. Sure the players should be accountable but they arent.

As mentioned, I have no complaints about Miles the man. I think he is a great man and has done well for LSU. I love how he holds high standards for players, but as a coach. Whats on the field has to count for the most, and what Miles is producing is unacceptable.