Have the players lost confidence in Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 26, 2010.

1. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

A little over the top. In reality his stats wouldn't look like that and there wouldn't be that much of a difference in the AU game.

Lee coming in for the 1st time in the 2nd quarter against UF didn't hamper his play. The difference in the AU game was the pressure he faced and the McNeese game wouldn't have provided that pressure to learn from.

2. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think Jefferson has progressed as a runner, but he has regressed as a passer.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Maybe not but it would have given him a chance to get snaps in a real game situation where the other team is trying to knock his head off. Real game snaps is hard to emulate no matter how much practice. The fact that he was splitting snaps just hampered him more from progressing.

However JLee was still moving the ball in the AU game before he injured his wrist. It's obvious it bothered him for the rest of the night.

4. bhelmLSU

Game reps are helpful but they likely wouldn't have done anything to help for the AU game. May have lost by more if Lee played that game. Just wasn't his day at all.

Lee moving the ball well against AU is just way over the top. He had 43 passing yards and -10 net rushing yards.

5. bhelmLSU

That is why we are going to have JJ in the game often at least until we have someone step up in the running game to help Ridley. He came close to a 100 yard rushing effort in the game along with another rushing TD. (2 shy of Herb's record of rushing TDs in a season) Should of had a passing TD if TT didn't drop it.

We need Lee to come in and not get rattled and call some plays for him to throw it over the top from time to time. The down the field passing game has almost been nonexistent.

6. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

I think you assume I give a **** wht you think...

7. locoguano

I'm not going to name names. In retrospect, I really shouldn't have said anything... But the guy didn't say, "This is not for public discussion."

8. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Signed, Terry

Bama poster who received the same kinds of remarks when he told us Saban was going to Bama a couple of months or so before the story broke.

You never know. I certainly don't automatically dismiss such reports on the basis that they're not what I necessarily want to hear.

9. locoguano

And that is the point.. that is why in my original post I didnt say, "this is fact and you must accept it." I said, basically, "this is what I heard. has anyone heard anything similar?"

1 person likes this.
  10. SyrTiger

SyrTiger ooo yea thats hot

But that's a verifiable outcome. There was no opinion on the matter. Either Saban was going to Alabama or he wasn't. The report could only be wrong or right. With the team "giving up on Miles" there's no way to prove it one way or the other unless the team actually does quit and forfeit the season. Saying that they lose confidence in Miles is just an opinion.