Have the players lost confidence in Miles?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by locoguano, Oct 26, 2010.

1. CajunPunk

CajunPunk TF's Resident Realist

I think he meant like a normal QB that is starting and not handing off responsibilities every 2 or 3 series. Say what you want, but sometimes, it looks like it's throwing off the rhythm of the offense when they stick JJ in.

2. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Very true... though discontent can be masked by "team unity" that doesn't necessarily include the coaching staff... but point conceded.

3. QBLuke

QBLuke Hickey Da God

Okay, but that doesn't mean we magically beat Auburn.

4. Attack Tiger

Attack Tiger Reformed Sunshine Pumper

I've been a Lee supporter since he got here, and I still am...but I'm going to say that JJ should have probably played more vs. Auburn. His rollouts and improvised runs were keeping the defense off balance and allowing him to avoid the bullrush of Nick Fairley.

It's possible that RS could have Pat Whited his way through Auburn's defense in the same manner...with better open-field running, of course.

But we still would have had to throw the ball at some point, and I HEAR that RS can't hit a moving target on the run with any consistency.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

I had a hunch he knew BECAUSE he wouldn't/couldn't reveal his source. I thought you were one of the ones who kinda felt there may be some truth to it early on to, and gave some possible credence because you knew he was close to the program.

Common sense would say someone with that kind of info would NOT provide a source- even news reporters don't give out their "source", ever think about it like that?

I remember it being a month or so but regardless, he was flogged on here when he posted it at the time which was my point. It's just forum standard to ask, "link?" I wonder what those people do when someone at work tells them some big news breaking story...ask for a link?

What happens is it deters those who might give some kind of inside info because of it.

6. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Of course not. Legitimate reporters don't report stories until someone confirms it. Whether they name the source or not, THEY go on the record and put their reputation on the line and shield the source. But someone is on the record. Doesn't make it true or false, just not a made-up rumor on the internet of which there are plenty. No reporter has gone on the record with this story, so we may assume that they have not been able to confirm it.

And when entire teams are discontented, the story gets out fast. It's happened twice at LSU that I know of in 35 years. In 1988-89 Mike Archer let discipline get out of control and there was racial discontent on the team for the only time in history. Factions emerged, hostility broke out, and the story was out in no time. That was the reason Archer was fired, not his losing final season. Failure to maintain discipline.

The second time was when Curley Hallman's players objected to the hiring of a Vanderbilt coach who just got beat 65-0 and sent a petition to the AD that stated their displeasure in the hire. On the record. Dinardo met with the players, informed them that he was the new head coach at LSU and that they were the team. if that was Ok with them, they could start playing ball . . . if it wasn't, they could find some greener pastures. No one left and that was the end of that.

We hear rumors all the time at LSU. Some have legs, some don't. Some of those who spread them have high credibility and others have zero. It depends on whether or not the story teller has confirmation or not. Those who tell every story that they hear are disbelieved widely, considered to be gossip-mongers, and often ignored. Those who only tell stories that they have confirmed from other sources usually end up correct and are listened to.

Thats the problem with secret rumors. If it's a secret with private sources then they shouldn't be spreading it online. If they do, they risk their credibility by rumormongering. And people will call them on it, as should be expected.

What it should deter is those rumors that are simply made up by anonymous internet characters just to stir the pot. And there are tons of those.

I sometimes hear rumors via PM from true insiders on this board. They are careful to state that they have no confirmation and are still seeking it. Such credible people will not post the rumor online until he has confirmation and someone has gone on record. People such as I, who wish to remain credible, do not repeat it.

7. LSUTiga

Exactly and Terry did go on record. Which was exactly my point, again. Sometimes there is merit to these "things" posted.

My entry into this thread was never about THAT, per se, just the fact that simply because someone WOULD make any such declaration wouldn't mean it's automatically to not be believed.

I agree with you in principle about keeping integrity in relation to keeping one's word but gimme a break, the majority of people have loose lips and can't keep secrets. Premie sites make a living doing just that and info leaks like crazy.

All this rumor talk, keep in mind if the person bearing the info DOES have a confirmation, them not confirming it to us doesn't make it a rumor.

In a perfect world, maybe but what it also does it discredit the very ones were are speaking of.

8. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

I distinguish between anonymous internet characters and media under their own bylines.

Nor to be believed at all. Rumors are like that, which is why they are scoffed at.

So what? They are either credible or they are not. I try to distinguish between the two. Doesn't everybody? Do you believe all that you read?

Nor does it make it true. Rumors are like that--neither true nor false. They are meaningless and often are disinformation distracting us from the truth.

I only discredit the baseless rumors.

9. bmistr1023

bmistr1023 Founding Member

Were the Tigers really fired up Saturday

I did have a couple of good cocktails as I attended a tailgate party at Auburn on Saturday but as I watched the team loosen up prior to the game and after the team came back on the field, I thought to myself that we didn't seem near as fired up as the Auburn team. Granted a team can be too emotional to where you make mistakes but I just didn't feal it out there.
    I was hoping that I was misreading confidence for lack of motivation. Of course we had everything in the world to play for but I am just wondering if anyone else felt that way.
    I have met CLM and he is a fine person and probably the guy you could trust to have your son play for but I really hope there is no internal stuff going on with the team.
    All of this crap will go away when we kick lil Nicky and his boys azzzes.:geaux:

10. LSUTiga

lmao. Like we can believe what the media says and anyone who "distinguished" on that one was wrong- in case you missed my central theme citing that as a prime example.

OR as in "Terry's case" erroneously so.

Do you NOT believe anything you read without a "link" would be the pertinent question to answer if you want to use the case I made.

No, they're ONE or the other.

Isn't that an oxymoron?