Have there ever been less scary 8-0 teams than New Orleans or Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'New Orleans Saints Forum' started by diamondheadtiger, Nov 9, 2009.

1. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That guy is a fuuckin idiot.

I'd like for him to put his favorite NFL team up against the Saints and see what happens.

3. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

Articles like that are written with misleading information and a certain jaundiced eye to evoke reactions from readers exactly like the one that caused you to post this. The "reeling Giants and Jets teams" were a combined 7-1 before they played the Saints. As far as come from behind wins, they are still placed in the "W" column last time I checked. The column is self described as "A weekly column that heads in the opposite direction of your average pro football analysis." Meaning it's there to say things to piss off fans and elicit reactions whether they are accurate or not. They're probably not even his own opinions, just stuff he writes (or heard from someone else) to get people hot and talking about his column. Like Cowherd, Rome, Whitlock and he rest of those type guys. Except I' have never heard of Andrew Perloff before today and will probably never think of him again.

4. cristof11

cristof11 Founding Member

It's not scary to have a big lead against the Saints and KNOW that they're gonna come back and beat you up? Isn't it scary that this explosive offense is helped by a defense that has 7 TD's? That's more TD's that the Browns offense has had the entire season.

5. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not sure why this was posted.

You were supposed to stop reading when the fudgepacker said that the Giants and Jets teams that were "reeling" at the time we played them.

Uh, they were both being discussed as possibly the best team in their respective conferences.

The Saints sent them "reeling".

It's what we do.

6. diamondheadtiger

diamondheadtiger Founding Member

I read it, that's why I posted it. This type stuff don't get a rise out of me like it did you...

7. TigerBacker70

TigerBacker70 I'm the Cock of the Walk!

If my response came across as getting the column getting a rise out of me then I miscommunicated somehow. It's editorial drivel. It doesn't upset me at alol as a Saints fan. In fact, I showed it to the wife and we got a great laugh as the Saints are seldom in a front running position of such dominance where haters feel a need to take shots at them. It doesn't have the journalistic credibility to get a rise out of me. I'd never have posted or linked to it because IMO it's a non issue. I just explained why I disagree. ;)

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

That's what I was thinking. Back in the day, the only time you saw the Saints on sports shows was during Montana and Rice highlights.

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think the Saints are about as scary a undefeated team as there ever has been. Their Defense causes turnovers, and scores touchdowns, they can rely on the run game to beat you, they can definitely throw the ball all over the field. And they comeback and turn a game around really quick. When you see a team who plays their worst games of the year, in come from behind victories, that is amazing. Miami is a good team, Carolina had won 3 in a row, and everyone from here on out will be giving the Saints their best shot.

I think this team is dangerous, and i wouldn't want to play them, especially not when they get Ellis and Fujita back.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

now they have 2 more tds than the browns offense.

our defense, that is.

brady quinn, linebacker? jamarcus, defensive tackle.