Have You Ever Met A Celebrity

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGeauxTigers1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. LSUalum24

LSUalum24 Founding Member

I didn't talk with her, but I've seen Kate Hudson in person. She' s kind of ugly without the makeup and lighting. My friend from grade school's uncle was John Laroquette and I've met him. Cool guy. I ran into John Goodman when I was drunk sometime at Mardi Gras but I cannot remember what I actually said to him. Of course, I saw Master P and Snoop Dogg around playing Bball.

2. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

I knew Randy Jackson growing up in BR in the '70's.

Met George "Norm" Wendt in a Jewish deli in LA in the mid-80's.

Nice guy, and as funny as he is on TV.:hihi:

Met Kenny Loggins coming out of Harvey's in South Lake in '88...

...worse limp fish handshake I've ever gotten. :eek:

Have met Frank Robinson several times at A's games...

Mr. Bad Attitude...:angry:

Sat next to Orlando Cepeda in '90 at an A's game.

Nicest guy you could ever meet...dude has baseball glove size hands..:thumb:

Have been to several NHRA races in the boxes and met Christopher Titus...that dude is pretty low key...

My wife's best friend dated Tony Curtis in the early '90's...

...dude is all LA...:dis:

Britney is my fifth cousin but I've never met her...:bncry:

3. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

After the 2004 Vandy game, my then-girlfriend and I were sitting in traffic on Highland Road. We used to just hang out and drink for a while and let all the traffic clear out before we headed home. This night was no different, but Highland was still both lanes away from campus and we hit some congestion.

We were in my truck in what is normally the in-bound lane. I glanced over at the fella in the black SUV next to us, and murmured, 'Damn, that guy looks like Saban.' Becca looked over and goes 'Oh my God, it is Saban.' The windows were about halfway down, so I didn't yell, but kind of loudly said 'Hey, coach!' I really didn't even think he would have been able to hear me, but apparently, he did. He looked over and we both just kind of gave him the typical wave/thumbs up, figuring that would be the extent of the encounter. Well, were we ever in for a surprise. He actually rolled down his window and started talking to us, the same way someone would if you knew them and saw them in traffic! He was like 'How ya'll doin'?' We were literally stunned. The first thing out of Becca's mouth was 'You drive yourself around?' Oh man, he looked at her like she was nuts. It was hilarious!

We talked about the game for a little bit and he cracked a joke about his wife. Of course, we laughed harder at the joke than we really should have, but we were still awestruck. When traffic began to speed back up, we bid each other adieu and went about our ways. It was crazy and not unlike an everyday encounter you'd have with an ordinary southern folk. I always heard stories about him being a MAJOR prick. This encounter definitely made those stories hard to believe!

4. bigbully

bigbully Founding Member

ddt - I used to play ball w/Master P, Silk the Shocker and the No Limit crew at The Rec too. This past summer, I met several of the Los Angeles Dodgers in the Houston Galleria. On that same trip, I met Alyssa Milano at the Dodgers-Stros game. As I kid, I met Rosie Greer and Jerry Clower. Last January (my highlight celeb meeting), I met Willie Nelson and Jessica Simpson.
    [​IMG]

5. KTeamLSU

KTeamLSU Founding Member

Nice Bully... l remember the day you met her... bet your can still feel that tit on your side.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Interesting thread, though I'm far from a celebrity gawker. There are quite a few athletes in the Houston area that I've seen around but wouldn't ever think to bug 'em (Sam Cassell driving a dually is just hilarious.)

My list of celebrities that I've actually spoken with is pretty brief.

President Bush (Sr.) -- very charming and friendly
    President Ford -- wasn't thrilled to talk to a schmo like me
    President Carter -- kind of odd
    Danny Ainge (Sat next to him on a Newark to PHX flight...really cool guy)
    Vernon Reid (awesome lead guitarist for Living Colour -- very cool guy too)

I think there's others but I don't remember now.

7. LSUTigerDen

LSUTigerDen Freshman

I have met a few. Played golf with Clint Eastwood, Danced with Joyce DeWitt form (Threes Company), Sat in First Class 4 Times beside Aaron Nevil. I have a few more, But at the Ol Miss / LSU game last year I got these Pictures. Johnny Knoxville and my brother. http://www.lsutigerden.com
    [​IMG][​IMG]

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I played golf with Todd Walker and Jason Williams when they were still in school. I was like 12 and still driving the ball with those guys. I talked to alot of football guys like Joe Addai, Cam Vaughn when I worked in the Kines office. I had a class with Matt Mauck, Michael Clayton and Melvin Oliver in the spring of 03. I know CTIII as I had another class with him

I met Shaq's Dad and Sal Masekela at the first Rockets - Lakers game when Shaq entered the league.

9. LsuCraig

LsuCraig Founding Member

Went to a Dodgers game 3 years ago or so and was in the bathroom with Dennis Hopper........he was there with a little kid, must have been his son and an older man, maybe his father. My brother and I just stood there looking at him........after we left the bathroom.....not while he was using the bathroom.

My brother saw Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker in the ATL airport and said both looked like they had just woken up from a 48 hour drinking and coke binge with Chris Farley.

I met a Sinbad at a computer software conference in Orlando last year. He was giving a speech at the conference.

10. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Mick Jagger