Have You Ever Met A Celebrity

Discussion in 'New Roundtable' started by LSUGeauxTigers1, Jan 26, 2006.

1. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

Well nobody as famous as Costner, but I've meet Toby Keith, Charlie Daniels, Waylon Jennings, Morgan Freeman, ( he lives a couple of miles from me )
    and Trent Lott.

I forgot Don ( Big Daddy ) Garlits, John Force, Bob Glidden, Billy Glidden, Carrol Shelby, Jack Rousch, Kyle Petty and Bill Elliott.

2. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I met Jimmy Spencer at Dega a couple of years ago too

3. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I talked to Carroll Shelby for about an hour at a car show a few years back. Had a great conversation. Didn't know it was him until the next day watching TV.

4. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

Met Bert Jones at the State Police boys' camp (Camp Win-A-Friend) near Holden back in the 70's. I also met Jim Taylor. Had the great good fortune to be hosted by him and his wife at their home before going with him to a saints game, and tailgated with him at an LSU game. Both he and his wife are wonderful people.

5. CParso

CParso Founding Member

Oh yea, I forgot to mention the first celebrity I ever met: Pat Sejack (sp?). When I was 11 years old, I asked him for his autograph at an Astros game & he went off on me - literally yelling in my face about how rude I was, despite the fact that I asked nicely & he wasn't exactly in the middle of anything. He was a giant deuche.

So there's the real reason I don't talk to celebrities anymore.

6. Deceks7

Deceks7 Founding Member

Here are names that JS may know, but I doubt others will recognize....

Eddie Hill. He is from the town my folks live in and has shown up a few times when we were at the Trulies' ranch cooking BBQ (Early 80's).

Also met Lloyd Ruby, Great Driver, Indy Car. Same town as Eddie Hill.

7. LSUDeek

LSUDeek All That She Wants...

Yay Area = Compton. You know... the place where they sell all of the "yay"-o.

8. JSracing

JSracing Founding Member

My wife is from Longview, she says she's meet Eddie and Ercie when he was boat racing in Logansport. :grin:

I have only observed him from a distance at NHRA events of yesteryear... :cool:

9. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Ummmmmmmmm....NO.

ACTUALLY...

The Yay Area is what the local flips (Filipinos) call the Bay Area.

I rather like the sound of it and it tends to confuse old minds as well....:hihi:

10. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The only celebrities I've met are sports celebrities. Bill Parcells when he coached for a year at the Air Force Academy many years ago. He was a jerk 30 years ago. Sat next to Craig (The Walrus) Stadler on a flight from LA to Denver five or so years ago. He hadn't played well in the final round, finished at the bottom of the pack, and tossed back quite a few adult beverages on the flight as I recall. Sat next to Roger Maltbie (former player on PGA tour & NBC analyst) on a flight from Denver to San Jose many years ago. He could also toss 'em back with the best of 'em.