Having a bad day, this will make you feel better

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by tygertail, Apr 15, 2005.

1. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

that's the thing with quarterbacks. ideally, a team should be able to draft a person of leaf's talents and develop them over a 4-5 year period. However, with the amount of money such a top pick demands there is no grace period. Then it comes down to the mental makeup of such a young athlete and whether he will be able to adjust and handle the rigors and pressure demanded. Leaf could have very well developed into an excellent qb based on his physical attributes but mentally he was so immature there was no way he could bide his time.

Eli now comes into a similar situation given his predraft demands and now being thrust into the NY media scope. So far, so good. He actually handled his situation near perfectly last year with the players and the media (post draft). As volatile as NY can be though, it could very well blow up at any time. Im guessing he's getting great tutelage and advice from his dad and big bro which Leaf obviously never had.

I saw Leaf on the sidelines last year at a wash st. game. he was about 30 lbs heavier at least and looked like a fat linebacker.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Random, I cant find any rankings they are just labeled "Top Draft Busts of the Modern Era".

3. locoguano

locoguano Founding Member

Leaf had no class, no work ethic, and no business playing in the nfl.

4. Dutchtown tiger

Dutchtown tiger Founding Member

Rick Mirer made the List! Now that is a blast from the past. Walsh thought he was the second coming of Montana.

5. gunwoady

gunwoady Founding Member

The BOZ was definitely a character, and I was one that unfortunately bought into the hype. I remembered after his helmet got knocked off he still hit some Miami dude showing all kinds of intensity. He was the marketable "crazy" Texas boy w/ the haircut and Gargoyle glasses that would fit into any football movie. Now he's known as a big bust who got ran over by some shortstop from KC on MNF. But he has a good one liner to his credit "burnt orange makes me puke"

6. Mr. Peabody

Mr. Peabody Founding Member

Boz would have made it in the NFL most likely but his short lived career was ended by some type of degenerative shoulder problem. Wouldn't doubt if it was caused by steroids. He is a great movie star though. :yelwink2:

Interesting fact. His house in Malibu is used to film a lot of scenes in the TV Series OC. They showed a whole lot of it last night.

7. HittinZX2

HittinZX2 Living to die laughing

Thank you for that link I was having a bad day and that sure did the trick.:geauxtige

8. Mr. Peabody

Who was that highschool QB in Califorina whose family never let him eat any junk food, candy, or drink a soda pop? He played for some college team in Callifornia and got drafted by the NFL. He was a complete bust in the NFL and didn't make it. It was probably about 10 years ago.

9. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

Todd Marinovich?

10. Mr. Peabody

Yeah, that is the guy. His parents were thinking he was going to be the next NFL superman QB.