Hawaii @ San Jose State game INTERESTING

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 12, 2007.

1. paducahmichael

paducahmichael Tiger Band Class of '73

Told 'ya it was interesting.

I guess now they're making reservations for NO.

Can't believe these guys could actually be a part of the picture, but sure would be an interesting game if they had to play a real team. :eek:ldskule:

2. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

EASY Fellas, you have a poster on this board from Hawaii.:yelwink2: By the way, PLEASE don't call us the rainbows anymore. We are the Warriors:thumb: It's taking forever to get rid of that nickname.:lol:

Really I don't mind all the disrespect, we haven't earned any yet. However, you guys have to give us a chance. We are just now learning how to compete and win. June's got us pointed in the right direction. There's one thing I've never understood about programs with this type of offense and that is, why oh why can't they get a defense to match the offense. If a coach could figure that out they'd have it made.

No way we deserve #16 however. I've watched Colt for a few years now and one thing I will say is he really is a Warrior. He competes hard every game and you can never count them out.

3. lsu-i-like

lsu-i-like Playoff advocate

I didn't realize you were a Hawaii fan. Hmm... I actually have a soft spot in my heart for nonBCS teams that can win.

4. mauitiger

We are absolutely horrible on the road. It's really hard to get decent teams to come to the islands because they know there's a good chance they will lose. Our AD approached a bunch of teams to fill our schedule and we got no takers but for some reason we just do not do well on the road. And it's every season and every team. Just a bad road team.

5. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Well, to start off with, it's a time zone thing too. Hawaii is, what, two hours behind Pacific? Which puts it 3 behind Mountain. Not easy adjustment for Hawaii coming to the States or teams going to the island. The selling point is, as I've been told, the beauty of the Island.

BTW, I like Hawaii and Brennan. :thumb:

6. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Probably has something to do with the travel time. Teams/players get out of their routines. And that is a VERY bad thing. Which explains why Hawai'i struggles on the road, and visitors struggle there.

7. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

75 pass attempts...yikes!

Honestly, this team probably doesn't deserve to be in the top 25. Borderline top 25 at best.

8. mauitiger

Yeah Tiga, Alot of people wonder why June doesn't get more top recruits because of where they play. I think, in the past, the problem was that Hawaii just didn't transition alot of players to the NFL. Recruits didn't want to come here because of that. I can see that June is really changing that. He puts alot of offensive linemen into the NFL. A few receivers here and there. We've even had a few from the defensive side.... Pisa Tinoisamoa for the Rams and Travis Laboy for the Titans come to mind.

1 person likes this.
  9. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

Did I not just say we think alike? I'm just a little faster than you but you're gettin there........grasshoppa. :hihi:

10. mauitiger

You'd think he would try to develop some sort of strategy for the routine thing. I know he's tried to go over a few days early to try to alleviate the jet lag. I guess whatever he does just isn't enough to combat the negatives.