Hawaii @ San Jose State game INTERESTING

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by paducahmichael, Oct 12, 2007.

1. mauitiger

mauitiger Founding Member

Yea El, I responded to you on that last thread but it was very late. Here is what I wrote.

About Willoughby
    She graduated back in 04 I believe. You know now that I think about her I believe she was from Louisiana if I'm not mistaken.

"Willoughby finished her career at Hawai`i as the school's career leader in kills (2,598), kill attempts (5,327), kills per game (5.92), service aces (194), digs (1,440) and digs per game (3.28). In the NCAA records book, Willoughby is sixth in career kills and is third in kills per game"

2. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

Correct! I went to highschool with her at Assumption High. While at AHS, she led us to win Back to Back to Back state Championships. Also named Louisiana player of the year twice, all-districe 4a MVP, and all that good stuff. She was a beast. Anyway, i hadent really followed up too much after she graduated. Awsome for Kim. I wonder where shes at now?

oh yeah when she would jump, it seemed as if she would get her waist to the top of the net!! amazing athlete:thumb:

3. mauitiger

Volleyball is HUGE over here. When she was playing the Stan Sherrif center was always full. You've never seen a volleyball crowd get into it like they do over here. I'm not sure what she is doing now. Seems like she would be a shue in for an olympic team.

1 person likes this.
  4. eL eS shU

eL eS shU Founding Member

I loved it when i was in highschool. I miss those games, with my giant cardboad cutout of a hammer. Id say i had more fun at highschool vball games than our football games. I was VERY loud and obnoxious when inside of our gym:thumb:

Thanks for the update. im glad things went well for her at Hawaii.

5. mauitiger

Wow. Thought I was all alone over here. What are you doing over there on Oahu?

545 is good but Colt's had a few bad games lately. 5 pics against Idaho and 4 tonight. Not good that one.

6. mauitiger

For quite a while volleyball was bigger than football at UH. I think CJJ is changing that.

7. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

LSUTIGA is correct! Hawaii wins a game that helps our SOS and thus we get into the NC game! It was rumored that we had to have that game go our way to get in, but I was never really sure...

8. mauitiger

Interesting. It was Fresno State? How could Hawaii beating one of LSU's opponents help their SOS? Are you sure you weren't rooting for Hawaii to lose to Fresno State? I'm going to try to find out if Hawaii won or lost against Fresno that year. Be right back.

9. mauitiger

O.K. I think I get it. LSU didn't play Fresno that year. The Reason we wanted Hawaii to win was because it hurt USC's strength of schedule allowing LSU to jump them in the BCS. Am I right?

10. mauitiger

Crickets.........:(

This time difference sucks. It's only 9:30 here.