Hawkeye Christmas Gift.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 27, 2004.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

"Iowa has received a "solid Verbal" commitment from Kalvin Bailey, the #1 fullback in the nation (rivals.com). Bailey, a 6", 245 lb back from Seffner, Florida picked the Hawkeyes over Florida, Florida State, Georgia and Georgia Tech.
    Bailey will join other new Hawkeyes Jeff Christensen, rivals #2 QB; Trey Stross, #18 WR; Rafael Eubanks, #6 OL; Alex Kanellis, #15 DL; B.J. Travers, #13 LB and Corey Robertson, the nation's #19 running back from Denison, Texas.
    In addition, Iowa is believed to have silent commits from Dan Doering, rivals #2 OL, who's sister attends Iowa; Raymond Henderson, #8 DE; Dace Richardson, #8 OL and Anthony Moeaki, the nation's #2 rated tight end. This group of players are expected to annouce during the Army High School All-Star game in San Antonio, January 15th."

FINALLY, the good work of Kirk Ferentz is paying off. We have been impressed with the good classes Saban brought to LSU... perhaps it is our turn to get some of these kids.

Hey, maybe we will run into each other again.... on a BIGGER STAGE. Good Luck on your program and may you beat everyone but the HAWKS!!!!!

2. crawfish

crawfish Founding Member

When's the last time Iowa won the Rose Bowl, 1959? You're gunna need a few more recruits........

good luck

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Hey, our 3 stars will be just fine against your 5 stars.
    Let the games begin!!!!!

4. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

hawkeye christmas gift to me = steve alford and kirk ferentz come january 4th or so.

thanks in advance.

5. TigerEducated

TigerEducated Founding Member

tirk...Don't wish for Ferentz...He took advantage of a scheduling situation with Brad Banks in '01 before being demolished by a 9-3 USC team in the Rose Bowl...Now in '02, that was a helluva surprise...

But this year the bottom line is that they are one dimensional. You know what happens to GREAT one-dimensional teams in the SEC, right?

They're excited about their defense...and yes...it's very good...But, I hate to break it to them...Their offense isn't anywhere near the level of the balance of Auburn, nor even Florida...and everyone feels we got jobbed at AU, and had JaMarcus not "not" audibled out from his own endzone and gotten out of passes to throw two picks inside our red zone, we would have handily won the Florida game...

I honestly think they'll be pretty awed by our run defense...and Webster & Daniels will play one last game together, and they'll finally be healthy after a year of helmets to the knee, twisted ankles, and overuse on the offensive side of the ball. With Lionel Turner, Marcus Spears, Cory Webster, and Travis Daniels all playing their final game in the P&G...Does ANYONE doubt our defense isn't going to discombobulate the Hawkeyes? It all rests on offensive execution in my book...and I think Saban will let it all hang out against Iowa...

LSU over the Hawkeyes of Iowa...Final Score...33-9

6. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Too funny, Tigereducated... too funny... especially all that coulda, shoulda, woulda stuff .... you sound like those goofy gator fans last year... too funny!

7. Berge

Berge Founding Member

All I know is that Iowa won't score more than 10... I give them a handicap of 7 based off a defensive TD... Our offense is quite known for giving up INTs or fumbles deep in LSU territory...

8. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Let's see here....

You gave up 22 to Oregon State, 20 to Troy and 24 to Ole Miss... all at home.... but now, all of a sudden, the Hawks will only get a FG and a defensive TD.

O.K. then... Iowa will hold LSU to -50 yards rushing.... hey, this living in lala land is fun, isn't it!!

9. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

lala land has a National Title from last year

How about Iowa?

10. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

You should be very proud of your national title. Your defense was awesome against Oklahoma and we expect them to be quite good against us.
    But there's a reason we're both out of the BCS this year, if you haven't noticed. Mauck has moved on, perhaps you should too.