Hawkeye Christmas Gift.....

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Hawker45, Dec 27, 2004.

1. MarineTiger

MarineTiger Founding Member

Why? This is an LSU site and I will continue to gloat to someone who hasn't sniffed it in decades if not longer.

2. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

You're right, my apology.... gloat away!

3. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

oh, I'll wish for ferentz. I have followed him quite a bit the last 3 years and his special teams and defense are excellent and he gets the most of his players. He is also football savvy.

I think he is as good as it gets after Saban though I think i am leaning to tedford due to his offensive genius. Both are very impressive and quality guys.

People mentioning Mike Leach? uhhh. Kliff Kingsbury threw for a gazillion yards then BJ Symons. Neither could throw a 20 yard out if they tried nor do I think he could have any success in the SEC. While they sometimes put up serious numbers on quality opposition, Im still guessing this guy would be a complete bust at the SEC level.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

As previously posted, it was mentioned that our offense has a tendency to turn the ball over deep in our own territory. As an example, 2 of Troy's touchdowns came on drives of 10 yards or less. Also, look at the points each of these 3 teams scored in the 2nd half of these games and it will give you a better indication of how good our defense is.

5. shel311

shel311 Founding Member

Why not wish for Ferentz. You just said he was in the Rose Bowl in '01, they were a helluva surprise in '02, and they are 9-2 this year while battling numerous injuries. What's not to like.

And they are not one dimensional by trade. They are on their 5th string running back. They don't exactly have a choice. They've always been a good running team.

I say thumbs up to Ferentz :thumb:

6. Berge

Berge Founding Member

10 points in the last 6 games in the second half... right? (I don't count a two point conversion as defensive points...) But even then... 12.... Got It?

7. Dirt Dog

Dirt Dog Founding Member

Just be careful about verbal commitments, you know some people's word doesn't mean that much.

8. BrewHawk

BrewHawk Freshman

If that's the way they are, then we don't want them...we've been doing just fine with our two and three star recruits.