Hawkins, Alexander, Mills

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LaSalleAve, Jan 16, 2015.

1. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

2. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

This is wonderful news!!!!

Last year, we only kept Kenny Hilliard and La'el Collins (of those that had any hope of going to the NFL.)

This year, three. We can hope that this trend goes up as the years go on because even though our QB struggles are a big problem, so are the early entries into the draft.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Good news indeed. Now if yaw yaw can work his magic on the DL and if anyone can develop a QB added to the fact we should be much deeper and experienced heading into next season. I like the potential of next years team, but like this past season it all depends on the QB.

Winston1, LaSalleAve and LSUDad like this.
  4. mancha

mancha Alabama morghulis

Well alright. Players staying for their senior year. Is this becoming a trend?

LSUDad likes this.
  5. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

We can only hope

cajdav1, islstl and StaceyO like this.
  6. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

I wonder if the new NFL rule changes giving only 5 players draft recommendations played any part at all? Do we know which players actually received a recommendation one way or the other.

7. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

We know Collins and Alexander got a return grade, Hunter was mum from what I know, maybe I missed something.

8. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Whether Hunter got a return grade or not he will wow the scouts at the combine. The guy is a physical freak and a workout monster. With the proper coaching I could see him at either DE our outside LB. But with Coach O coming in he would certainly benefit by staying another year just to learn what O would teach him.

LSUDad likes this.
  9. HalloweenRun

HalloweenRun Founding Member

That is like getting three 5+ stars on recruiting trail. Excellent news.

65Grad, StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  10. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

O has coached 1st rounders, Cortez Kennedy, Russell Maryland and Warren Sapp, he also recruited Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson. He has another projected 1st round pick this year...Keep an eye on USC Leonard Williams, another O guy.

Some former players send congrats to Ed...

Current and former USC players are wishing former assistant coach Ed Orgeron well after Louisiana State University announced that he would be the Tigers' new defensive line coach.

“Congrats to my Coach, Father Figure, & Mentor @Coach_EdOrgeron on his new job as the D-line coach at LSU. #CoachO,” Hayes Pullard wrote on Twitter.

Pullard is set to play in the Senior Bowl in Mobile, Ala., on Jan. 24, and said he hoped to see Orgeron there.

“Congrats to @Coach_EdOrgeron, them boys got them a great coach!” wrote Antwaun Woods, who was recruited by Orgeron and then coached by him for three seasons.

Receiver Nelson Agholor caught seven passes for a season-best 161 yards and a touchdown in Orgeron’s first game as interim coach in 2013.

“Very happy for coach O I hope the young men at LSU welcome him with open arms,” wrote Agholor, who announced this month that he was turning pro.

“Congratulations to @Coach_EdOrgeron, I wish him nothing but success,” tight end Randall Telfer wrote.

Orgeron coached former lineman Devon Kennard for four seasons before the New York Giants selected Kennard in the fifth round of the 2014 NFL draft.

“Congrats @Coach_EdOrgeron on the new coaching job! LSU is getting an amazing coach! Still #trojansforlife,” Kennard wrote.

Tight end Xavier Grimble, who made himself available for the NFL after the 2013 season, wrote, “So happy for @Coach_EdOrgeron! A pleasure to be mentored/coached by him.”

Former lineman Kevin Greene wrote, “Congrats to my all time favorite NCAA coach @Coach_EdOrgeron on his new job as the LSU D-Line coach. Love you coach that’s big time!!!”

MikeInLa, Bengal B and HalloweenRun like this.