He speaks for the Left.

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Jetstorm, May 3, 2004.

1. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

I awoke this morning, clicked on MSNBC.com, and almost lost my breakfast.

I was saddened and disgusted, but not surprised, to learn that the smearing and denigration of brave Pat Tillman's sacrifice for God and Country is not just a thankless task left to grad students at UMass and other raw recruits to the rotten cesspool that passes for the Left's "ideas" for "brightening" America's future.

No, now political cartoonist and avowed Ameri-hater Ted Rall, a man adored by most on the Left, is now in on the act.

Rall has already done more than enough to earn his place of dishonor among the worst of the fifth column openly rooting for the Islamist pigs to defeat America. But this was a new low.

Screw you Rall. We will win.

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

I believe in freedom of press and speech just like the next guy...but this guy should be shot and hung....

3. ChineseBandit

ChineseBandit Founding Member

God forbid we question his patriotism though. I mean, who can argue reading this guys columns that he loves America?

There are enemies at home guys and many of them look just like us. Be on the lookout.

4. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I guess I can kind of see his basic point in the top right panel, but the rest of it goes beyond the realm of decency, even for political cartoons.

I don't view soldiers as politically-motivated people. They're just fulfilling their duties regardless of the president or anyone else's political agendas.

Pat Tillman never sought to make a public or political statement, so I don't like him putting words in the guy's mouth in the top left panel and assuming he was a blood-thirsty hate-monger dead set on killing Arabs. Way too much of a leap in logic.

I think the cartoon part of the bottom left panel is basic political cartoon stuff (dig about the oil and museum debates), but the caption about Tillman (a specific person) being a cog in a wheel is a bit uncalled for.

The bottom right panel is horrible and (in my mind) the main thing that makes this cartoon unacceptable.

Maybe the cartoon would be okay if it (a) didn't put words in Tillman's mouth [top left], (b) didn't personalize the issue to one non-political guy [left panels], and (c) didn't have the last panel at all [bottom right].

Still that's about 5 steps back on the decency meter from where this guy landed.

Sure, political cartoons are supposed to be over-the-top in order to make their statement, but this is way too disrespectful, especially to one specific guy who never did/said anything to warrant this kind of treatment. No. No. No.

And just for clarification, Tillman joined the military after 9/11, but before Iraq, right? So putting him in tune with the motives for the war with Iraq is basically incorrect? Well, Tillman played in the 2002 season, I think. I'm not sure. Anyone know for sure?

5. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

The reaction says even more about how far the modern Left has completely degenerated. No major voices from the mainstream Left have come out and condemned Rall as the idiot, jerk, and traitor that he is. Even though Slate and MSNBC pulled his cartoon, he still has a job. And Rall remains defiant and refuses to apologize:

A better person to leave Al-Qaida terror bases intact so they could plan the massacre of more Americans, Christians, and Jews? A better person to not remove Saddam Hussein, a grave threat to the stability and peace of the Middle East region and a mass murderer of the poor and beleauguered Iraqi people Rall claims to care about so much?

Then, there is this: http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tm...7&u=/uclicktext/20040504/cm_ucru/anarmyofscum

Rall is a worthless piece of trash.

6. M.O.M

M.O.M Founding Member

Well I bet he's got what he wants.
    I'd estimate his paid campus speaking engagements just multiplied greatly.
    And he'll be carried by more *alternative" newspapers than he's being carried by now.
    An American success story.