He wants Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 23, 2014.

1. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Rose: Keep Brandon, Hire Miles
    8 hours ago
    Former Michigan guard and current ESPN basketball analyst Jalen Rose was featured in a Sports Illustrated Q&A with writer Richard Deitsch, and the pair went into detail about Michigan's current situation on the football field - and the path they might need to take this offseason in an effort to rebuild.

Rose's take regarding athletic director Dave Brandon, who has been under much public scrutiny, was different than most.

"First, I love Dave Brandon and I don't think there will be any change at his position," he said. "I think the one thing that happened with Dave is when you come into a scenario like he did, and you are really successful at business and you have shown you can be a terrific leader, sometimes there is the little guy who feels like he has been pushed over and in Ann Arbor, those are the students. They are upset about their seats being moved. Protesting in front of the President's house is never good. I think he deserves the opportunity to keep his job and I hope he continues to have his job, but things [mistakes] have to be acknowledged."

However, Rose had a slightly different take on head coach Brady Hoke. With the Wolverines sitting at 3-4 and in all likelihood looking for a new coach, Rose said he would first dial up Baton Rouge.

"For Brady Hoke, I can't remember in my lifetime where the fans of the University of Michigan's football team have been so down on the product they are seeing every Saturday," Rose said. "Because of that, I don't see how he can be able to keep his job after this year. If there is a change -- and I never root for any person to get fired -- Les Miles. While the people in Baton Rouge appreciate everything he has done, they don't seem like they have that new car smell with him anymore."

Miles, a Michigan alum, is now in his 10th season as LSU's head coach.

2. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

It would be a good hire for Michigan IMO. However I'm not sure it would be great for Miles. Recruiting at Michigan isn't as easy as it used to be.

LSUDad likes this.
  3. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

4. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

I would literally sell my soul.

Unfortunately that won't happen.

Driving through Arkansas today and they said meechigan wants the ark ad and if they get him he is taking belimia with him.

Not like that will happen either

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

I have to say, Les Miles is the gif that keeps on giving. He's prolific. So many to choose from.
    [​IMG]

StaceyO and LSUDad like this.
  6. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Like I always say, give me a replacement? If they were to get Les, would you want Belimia here at LSU?

7. shane0911

Hell naw

8. LSUDad

LSUDad Veteran Member

Should I?

9. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

You would want the greatest coach in LSU history gone with no idea who would or could replace him? Hell even Alabama isn't a insert coach here and succeed location, you would really send this program up the river for 10, 15, maybe 20 years of shit just to get rid of 1 guy?

10. shane0911

Should you what? Admit that you aren't blind and you recognize that Jennings is a really bad qb?

It's not throwing him under the bus it's called truth. It's ok to tell it