He wants Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 23, 2014.

1. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Hey! Just like mine!

LSUDad likes this.
  2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

You don't like him? Awwwwww.

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I'm confused. Why do people think it's best to wait until something bottom outs first before trying to salvage it? Wouldn't it be better to make a move when you start seeing a downward trend and you might be able to correct it with less damage done?

Instead, let's wait until our program hits the gutter then when we have an awful record make a change after all the damage has been done?

Personally, I think Miles is a great mentor for kids and a really strong recruiter. Giving the defense over to the Chief was a fine idea. The problem is his inability to recruit QBs and game time management of teams. Like I said in a previous thread. The issue is Miles hasn't had the same fire since winning in '07.

After the NC debacle you'd hope that would have reignited his fire some, but it seems Miles just doesn't have it anymore. That is my biggest issue and the reason I want him gone. He needs to fresh start somewhere or to simply retire. He could have a JoePa type run from here on out where he fields average to good teams who compete for something every 7-10 years but otherwise is a Chic-fil-a bowl team. But personally I'd rather we keep swinging for the fences. Pointless no name bowl banners mean nothing to me.

4. furduknfish

furduknfish #ohnowesuckagain

Stop using logic. It's all rainbow sandwiches and unicorn milk with the "true" fans.

5. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

What downward trend? Seriously. Our last three seasons were 13-1, 10-3, and 10-3. A firing trend is two losing seasons in a row. it ain't two seasons when we did not win a championship.

Les has averaged over 10 wins a season for 10 years. It doesn't get any better than that. We had 10 wins last year. We could actually still finish with 10 wins this year, as unlikely as that sounds. We will have single-digit years from time to time. We will have 12 or 13 wins from time to time. The curve is high on the graph and is not trending downward.

What kind of cockeyed crystal ball can foresee this program "bottoming out"? 2015 looks pretty sweet to me if we can retain our juniors for once.

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

Even if we lose the rest of our games the average is still 10+

7. BP

BP Founding Member

LSU's record since the 2011 NC game does not indicate that LSU is on a downward trend. You might perceive it as such, and the future might show that this was the start of a downward spiral, but, as of now, we are where we have beeen for several years.

8. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

we've dropped this year obviously but it is a rebuilding year despite how hard it is to admit. it simply is. now hopefully we use it to develop a PASSER for next year but its not looking good.

9. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

The Blue Goose is awesome, too. There are really too many good places to name them all.

LSUDad likes this.
  10. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

You are trying to imply that I don't give credit to what Miles has done. I do. But counting back 10 years is really irrelevant.

Hey, we have a new system for college football, what's our record since the change from the BCS? That'd be 1000000% more relevant than what happened 10 years ago. As far as 10 wins, I couldn't give 2 shits about that with the amount of games we play and with the number of cream puffs every year. Im simply speaking about what seems to have happened since the '11 NC.

You can be satisfied with shit bowl games. I'd rather swing for the fences, that seems to be the difference. If I'm not winning it all, I don't care where I'm at.

I will always pull for LSU however, which seems to be different from some Miles haters.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2014
    ParadiseiNC likes this.