He wants Les Miles

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUDad, Oct 23, 2014.

1. BP

BP Founding Member

I don't remember anyone saying Jennings is a good qb. Right now, he is the safer qb, if for no other reason than he knows the playbook.

2. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

See, this is exactly what I don't understand with you people. You are quick to admit it about one but not the other. Why the hate?

3. TCUTiger

TCUTiger Founding Member

IMO it is no longer about what happened since 2007.........it started against Alabama in NO, the team has regressed since. As I have said before, LM will always do things the same way, many times will fail, and he always expects different results. The TREND is not good. Start at QB, it is ridiculous he has been here as long as he has and LSU has not had MUCH better QB play. ZM, is the exception, Miles did not sign him out of high school.

Rouxleaux likes this.
  4. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

at this point, i would think beliema wants out of the sec

so I think this is a very real possibility

LSUDad likes this.
  5. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Yes, I don't think he can get out quick enough. However I find it hard to believe Michigan would be interested. Maybe as a 5th or 6th choice if everyone else turns them down.

6. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

Good to see that not everybody has their head buried in the sand as to the current LSU QB situation.

AJJ is not an SEC Championship caliber QB, especially in the Passing Game. Not now. Not next season or the next. Should be playing QB at a smaller classification school in Georgia.

How many legit LSU fans like harking back to the days of yesteryear with a watered down offense and dysfunctional passing game? Certainly not me or 100% of the Fans/Alums I talk with in Tiger Stadium or around town.

MilesBo loves those QB's that can "Extend plays with their Feet" though, whereas most everybody else prefers QB's that can extend plays with their arms and brains. (Let the RB's extend plays with their feet)

Harris may or may not be the answer next season.

Rivers/Rettig could have been serviceable QB's this season in running the offense and especially a little bit more effective in the Passing Game, a la Mettenberger style. (Allowing Harris to Redshirt) But alas, they gone; run out of town because they couldn't run fast enough.

I feel no sorrow for Les at all. Make that bed and now lay in it!

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
  7. BP

BP Founding Member

Is that right?
    Between 2007-2011, LSU's record was 53-14 for a .79104 winning percentage.
    Between 2011-2012, LSU's record was 20-6 for a .76923 winning percentage.

If LSU had the same winning percentage for 2011-2012 as it did for 2007-2011, it would have won 1/2 more game...
    26 x .79104 = 20.5, meaning it is statistically insignificant, at p<0.01.... in other words there has been no regression in the won-lost record, which is what most fans are ultimately concerned with.

8. LSUBraveheart

LSUBraveheart Veteran Member

I could personally care less about "Winning Percentage." (Way to build up that winning percentage against all those OOC "Sisters of the Poor" there Les)

I'm only interested in Championships. SEC West Championships. SEC Championships. National Championships.

Not satisfied with finishing 2nd or 3rd in the West and ending the season ranked behind 4 or 5 SEC teams in the final polls. (As so many Sunshine Pumping Mediocrity Acceptors apparently are) My high school and subsequent JC coach used to tell us all the time. "If you don't finish in first place, then you might as well finish in last." "I wanna see RESULTS and not hear any EXCUSES for lack of RESULTS."..............

Rouxleaux likes this.
  9. Robidoux87

Robidoux87 You call that a double?

When did Oregon, Va Tech, West Va, TCU, Wisconsin, Arizona St, UNC and Ohio St join Sisters of the Poor?

You should root for one of the teams that wins it all every year. Let me know when you find one, and I'll buy a t-shirt too.

Maybe we should hire your HS coach. He sounds super tuff. I've never heard that "If you don't finish first, you may as well finish last" before. Except on NO FEAR t-shirts worn by fat losers 20 years ago.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 24, 2014
    titoabad1, tirk, didit and 3 others like this.
  10. BP

BP Founding Member

Wow!! So you've always finished first... my hat's off to you.

Outside of Saban, who has a better record of West, conference, and national championships? What must the fans of all of these other schools be going through. I can't even imagine the mental anguish...

ParadiseiNC and Robidoux87 like this.