Head Coach or the Assistants?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Vero Beach Tige, Jan 1, 2013.

1. Vero Beach Tige

Vero Beach Tige Freshman

We all are wiped out after the collapse last night. We call for new play calling, and a new philosophy overall. But, who really makes the decisions affecting defenses and the play calling?

Many years ago the late Hap Glaudi on WWL Radio said it best - he said "The Assistants coach the way the Head Coach wants them to coach." Makes sense to me. Therefore, the coaches must all be basically in agreement as to how the attack and the defense will run. Otherwise the head coach would find a guy who thought like him. So, I think that we can blame the whole staff for the stupid calls that happen. Hopefully Miles WILL make some changes - both in his staff, and also in his way of thinking. I wouldn't bet on it though.

2. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Studrawa needs to go back to coaching the line. They need a position coach badly. Kragthorpe needs to retire. Quarterbacks have been disappointing under him. if he's too ill to be an OC, he's too ill to coach quarterbacks.

About four straight years of offensive mediocrity should be telling Les that he needs a new OC and quarterback coach.

This is where the Arkansas offer hurt us. It forced Alleva to give Les his extension early instead of after the season. After a second post-season loss like this Aleva could have influenced Les to make some changes before getting that extension.

3. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

He should have called Les' bluff, and said go ahead Les, if you want the Arkansas job take it.

4. fanatic

fanatic Habitual Line Stepper

No doubt. Did he REALLY think Les would leave for Ark after turning down Michigan twice?

Richdog likes this.
  5. LaSalleAve

Exactly, it was obviously a cash grabbing ploy, and in fact every Arkansas person I talked too claims it was Miles who contacted Long, not the other way around.

6. gumborue

gumborue Throwin Ched

well, he didnt get a bump after the "nearly best ever season".

7. LaSalleAve

Because he completely embarrassed himself, and LSU by nursing home shitting the bed in New Orleans to our most despised enemy.

8. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

The problem is after 2 years of OC and him crapping it up, you can't just demote the guy. He has to be removed for the best of the team.

9. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

Yall should be happy that Les finally has enough money now to put his kids through college.

10. lsudolemite

lsudolemite CodeJockey Extraordinaire

And honestly, unless Stud has a hand in pulling in some big time recruits, I don't see what he's doing on the OL that's so irreplaceable.

Kal-El012 likes this.