Heading to class in the morning?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Jan 20, 2003.

1. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

Any fellow posters headed to the first day of Spring semester in the morning? This semester is going to be a rough one for me. I have to get a 4.0GPA in order to get into the College of Buisiness. This is going to be very stressful. And good luck to anyone start class tommorow.

2. geauxscott

geauxscott Founding Member

good luck buddy

4.0... huh??.....looks like someone was on TigerForums when they should have been studying last semester...but hey, it was football season!!!

3. BayouBengal

I think students should be spotted .5 or .25 for going to class during football season. I mean come on, we are supposed to study on a game weekend? You say you could study on Sunday, but if you tailgated right you should be recovering on Sunday. Bah, well I got myself into this mess, it will have to be me to get myself out.

4. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

I hear ya bro on the College of Business thing. We can thank TOPS for that one, too many people trying to get into the College. I heard they raised the admission requirements to get into the senior college even higher. It was 3.0 cummulative. Is that true?

5. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

I'm in the Journalism school. Even with requirements of a 3.0 cumulative GPA, I've had trouble scheduling classes as a senior. I'm glad I've only got to schedule one more time.

6. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I'm in the home stretch of my college career. I got 12 hours this semester and then I'll graduate in biology. And scheduling sucks no matter how far along you are.

7. Hub

Hub Founding Member

I feel for you buddy. Reminiscent of my college days. I sat in General College non-matriculating for a few semesters trying to get "eligible" for the college of bus. one day during xmas break the dean of general college called me in and asked me where I was going to school in the spring......lsu of course i said. she said no you're not...why?....well you can't sit in general college non-matric for ever you've used up all of your time here so you got to go.......scared the $hit out of me. i wrote a letter to the dean of gen college and was granted one more semester to get my gpa up to get into college of bus........i had to have a 3.8. amazingly i got it, in fact, never made below a 3 after that.

amzaing what fear can do for you.

p.s. took some high powered classes that semester....dairy science (i recommend it to anyone needing a gpa boost BUT you have to go to class), la geography (was a pushover then.....now i don't think it is)

8. BayouBengal

Re: Re: Heading to class in the morning?

I wish a few of my classes were easy GPA boosts. The classes I am in will be interesting but tough. This i swhat is on my plate:

ISDS 2001
    ISDS 3110
    ISDS 3200
    BLAW 3201 (formerally known as FIN 3201)
    ECON 2035

Any advice in any of these classes?

9. Hub

Hub Founding Member

Re: Re: Re: Heading to class in the morning?

Mainly, go to class and for some of those ISDS classes learn to speak a second language. Who do you have for BLaw? I had Breaux....if you have him just go to class, participate in class, and get the workbook that goes with the book to study from.

10. PaulP

PaulP Founding Member

A 4.0? You should have pulled up that GPA long ago. Now may be a good time for you to transfer to BRCC. Good luck.