Heading to class in the morning?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by BayouBengal, Jan 20, 2003.

1. tigerb8

tigerb8 Founding Member

MAN! I'm in Awe! You guy's are so lucky to get to go to LSU! Stay after it the time moves quicker than you think!!Good Luck on the studies!

2. Jetstorm

Jetstorm Founding Member

Man, I don't envy you guys. I'm a Geography major (Bachelor of Science, although I'm thinking of going for the B.A. degree too). It's good to be in a low demand major where you can still get into your senior college with a 2.8 (which I made easily). To answer your question Hub, yes, Geography of Louisiana used to be a joke course according to the old-timers, but it has been significantly beefed up since it was discovered Louisiana is, after all, sinking into the Gulf of Mexico and we need to be educating people to somehow try to stop it.

I have two goals: to graduate in four years (which means I need to be out of here by May 2004) and to finish with a 3.0 GPA (my grades dipped a little last year so I need to do well from here on out to make that happen) but I am under no pressure to make a 4.0, so I can chill a little. I have two friends who are accounting majors, so I know the crap business students have to put up with. Good luck to ya'll.

3. Hub

Hub Founding Member

When i took it....10 years ago.......Hilliard taught it.....i think that was his last semester. It was a 4000 level course if I remember right. No BS, one of our tests was to memorize and list the Louisiana parishes.

Bayou, another tip if you have to take any accounting try to get Deis. He teaches many classes. He's a good teacher explains it well and b/c of that his classes turn out pretty easy....atleast to me they were. I had him for 1st, 2nd and 3rd (Governmental)Intermediates, and Cost.

4. diehardLSUfan

diehardLSUfan Founding Member

Here's my ode to accounting:

liabilities + stockholder's equity = not assets, but make me want to hang myself

Boy am I glad I finished those classes lol.

5. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

I am completly done with accounting, I only needed two of them. I think I am going to drop my econ class too, the teacher is nuts. He claims to give exams like pop quizes, exams are unscheduled and can come at anytime without notice. I said "see ya later cheif!"