Heard on NBC Nightly News the latest opinion of Egypt of Sapling

Discussion in 'Free Speech Alley' started by Tom, Jan 11, 2003.

1. Tom

Tom Founding Member

I will make sure that I type this correctly, because the number is so tiny it will look like a misprint. Egyptians were asked what their opinion was of the current administration's foreign policy. A grand total of 6% (yes, six percent) approved of Sapling's foreign policy. That also gives us another valuable piece of information. Apparently, 6% of the Egyptian population doesn't keep up with world affairs. Oh, and for the inevitable rightist wingnuts who say they don't give a s..., I would then respond with a couple of points:
    1) then don't come WHINING around asking to use this base or to get support for neo-Nazi foreign policy initiatives or military operations as Sapling has done
    2) don't WHINE about getting attacked by this faction or that faction from around the world, when obviously the UTTER contempt this administration is showing for other nations around the world is GUARANTEED to increase such attacks.

2. Tom

Tom Founding Member

I understand that voter.com is busily 'adjusting' the numbers

They want to compensate for the number of people who were visiting the Pyramids while polling was done. They also want to compensate for the number of people who live within 2 miles of the Nile River versus the number polled who did not live in that area. What that means is anyone's guess, but then some of Tigermaul's quoted polls did MORE GOOFY adjustments than that, which explains why they weren't even close on election day 2000.

3. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

Yea, I really give a shit about Egypt. They cheered on the streets of Cario on 9-11. Just like you probobly did Tom. To look at foreign polls to oppose Amerian policy is to comical to coment on.

4. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Then why does Sapling spend a LOT of time trying to convince other countries

BTW, first, how did you like my prediction about the first time of a reponse to my message. "I really don't give a s...". You guys are so predictable and so hypocritical. Sapling APPARENTLY cares because he spends a heck of a lot of time trying to SCAM other countries into supporting the US both militarily, logistically, and financially. I tell you what, Mr. Military, why are you in the military RIGHT NOW? I mean this country could have a person who at least claims to believe in the policies of Sapling on the front line. Oh, that's right -- most of the elephant men TALK a good war, but you have to smoke them out of their hiding places if THEY were ever called to serve, i.e. Sapling, Dan Quayle, Phil Gramm, Rush Limbaugh, Tom Delay, Newt Gingrich, etc. Anyway, it is not comical to look at what foreign citizens who lives in the countries considered ALLIES think. That is why you have allies, i.e. to cut down on the number of countries you have to worry about as enemies and to share the burden during conflicts. Apparently, you and Sapling needed to play board games more as children, because even a teenager can understand a simple concept that you and Sapling are CLUELESS about.

5. miketiger

miketiger Founding Member

Tom, you posted a poll on what the friggin average Egyptain thinks about our country not what the government thinks. Read your own post you *&%^, . Figure out what you want to debate and stick to it. Take your medicine.

6. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

I like the part about 6% of Egyptians

actually knowing what's going on in the world.

I wouldn't put much stock in that because Egypt isn't a democracy with a free press, so it's a little hard to say what public opinion there means anyway.

7. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

Good point. The general public in many undeveloped countries have no press or CNN. Their only information about the USA or anything else is the little that their government (or dictator) tells them. If only they were as truly free as we are then they would have information to base an informed opinion about their own leaders/dictators.

8. Tom

Tom Founding Member

Actually, the US is becoming more that way all the time

What we now have in office is an adminstration who decided energy policy BEHIND closed doors and didn't even invite opposing views from their friends in the oil industry. Then, we have a buffoon who CLAIMS to have evidence all the time, but at no time does he ever back up his statements by showing it to anyone (including allies in NATO apparently since France wants to see it). And I believe it was Sapling who established secret military tribunals and also holds people as detainees without charges filed, without access to attorneys, without obeying the rules of the Geneva War Convention, etc. So, it is quite amusing for someone to throw stones about other countries not having free access to information while this country is on the same road, particularly with this administration.

9. Ellis Hugh

Ellis Hugh Space Wrangler

No matter what your political affiliation, to think that the US with its relatively free press and virtually unlimited access to information is equitable to those countries that have NO press is rediculous.

10. Bestbank Tiger

Bestbank Tiger Founding Member

What we now have in office is an adminstration who decided energy policy BEHIND closed doors and didn't even invite opposing views from their friends in the oil industry. Then, we have a buffoon who CLAIMS to have evidence all the time, but at no time does he ever back up his statements by showing it to anyone (including allies in NATO apparently since France wants to see it). And I believe it was Sapling who established secret military tribunals and also holds people as detainees without charges filed, without access to attorneys, without obeying the rules of the Geneva War Convention, etc. So, it is quite amusing for someone to throw stones about other countries not having free access to information while this country is on the same road, particularly with this administration.

Funny you should say that, seeing as how I have never posted in favor of military tribunals, nor have I ever said I was a fan of his policies.

Let me make sure I have your logic down: I can't criticize Egypt because a president I voted against engages in undemocratic policies? That has to be your funniest post ever.