Heat Issues - Oregon State

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUGradin99, Aug 16, 2004.

1. Ralph_Wiggum

Ralph_Wiggum Founding Member

Yes.
    Of course it's not over 90 for about 3 months, but it's not unheard of here for the 90s during the summer with humidity.

Now have you ever been up North in January during an arctic blast when the high will be maybe 0 for a few days?

2. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

Yes
    I went skiing in Winter Park when the high for the week was 1.
    Don't compare minnesota's "humidity" to ours. It's a slap in our face. No one here is talking about playing in the cold.
    I happen to think it's easier to play in the cold, because when you run, it warms you up. When you run in the heat, it warms you up even more. Now, which is worse? Getting warmer while already hot, or getting warmer while freezing?

3. martin

martin Banned Forever

i have lived for 20 years in baton rouge and now 4 in the northeast.

there are maybe 4 days a year in new york that are comparable to baton rouge heat/humidity. it gets just as brutal here, its just that it is gone in a matter of days and then it is just regular hot without the crippling humidity. it takes a lot longer to get to the hot part of summer and it starts cooling much earlier.

northerners have felt the same brutal heat, just in far far smaller doses. and they complain alot more. then again i didnt deal with huge snowdrifts in baton rouge.

4. lsugrad00

lsugrad00 Founding Member

Ok Rich you might be taking this a little personal when it's offending you that he compares the weather in Minn to LA. :D :D :D

Any who has forgotten what a Louisiana summer is really like should come down here in mid August when it's 100 degrees and rains. Only to have the rain immeadiately evaporate and turn the city into one big sauna.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

ouch, i remember that. every damn afternoon it rains and then i sweat and stink like a ditch digger after walking from my car to my apartment. one time in 2000 there was that heat wave and it was 104 so i went running around the lsu lakes to see if i could set a world record for worlds sweatiest person. i am pretty sure i did.

6. lsugrad00

Exactly!!!

7. edyel

edyel edyel

lsugrad why do you post peoples isp and other personal info in your sig. That annoys the HELL out of me. We all know you can do it,so give it a rest.

8. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I've been in heat and humidity and in 50 below wind chills and I'll take the heat and humidity any day of the week.

9. Swerved

Swerved It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds.

Is it just me or does the thought of Oregon St. comming here to play remind you of the scene in the Wizard Of Oz where the water is thrown on the witch....

I'M MELTIIINNNGGGG I'MMM MEEEEELLLLLTTTTIINNNNNNGGGGG.....

eh, maybe it's just me....lol

Geaux Tigers!!

10. lsugrad00

Maybe you should go to the doctor and get a nice deep colonic. Then you might be able to relax a little and not let crap that's posted on the internet by complete strangers 'annoy the HELL' out you. :yelwink2: