Heat's lack of a post up player makes them beatable

Discussion in 'OTHER SPORTS Forum' started by islstl, Oct 26, 2010.

1. islstl

islstl Playoff committee is a group of great football men Staff Member

Not sure what they thought this offense would look like, but the lack of a post up player reduces them to being a "very good offense" and nothing more. Not sure what they were thinking when putting this team together.

Not even sure how good defensively they will be. That remains to be seen. I just don't see this team matching up with the Lakers offense. They are so small in the middle.

Bosh may be wasted entirely in this offense.

Other than Haslem, they don't have a scrapper and someone who can get put backs off misses. And Haslem isn't the best at that anyway.

I dunno.

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

Well, at least we know that they ain't gonna go undefeated.

I've always hated the Heat....now I hate them even more.

Wish I could have watched them go down tonight.

3. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I cant help but wish utter failure and misery on the Heat. I hope this team turns out to be the most overblown bust of all time.

1 person likes this.
  4. islstl

The Celtic fans started chanting "over....rated" late in the 4th

It was funny

5. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

That's hilarious.

I'd love to see this team implode and have some of it's egos begin to hate each other (ie Kobe and Shaq) and turn into a complete train wreck.

Wouldn't it be great to go to a Hornets/Heat game and get to partake in the "Over....rated" cheer?

6. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

tell you what though, the Celtics are freaking deeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep in the middle.

7. DRC

DRC TigerNator

It will happen. One of them is going to start complaining about not getting enough touches or being involved enough in the offense. These arent exactly humble guys. They will eat each other like cannibals.

8. islstl

Yes, the Celtics have a great chance to win it all, barring injuries to the big 3.

I love their team chemistry. They have all the pieces necessary.

I suspect Spolstra is in over his head with this group and that Riley will pull the same stunt as he did in 06 and take over the head coaching duties once again.

If this Heat team could magically replace Bosh with Duncan (as old as he is), they would be automatic champs.

9. bhelmLSU

bhelmLSU Founding Member Staff Member

I don't know where all the hype that they would be the best team in the league this year came from given most understood when the team was put together it would take a year or two for them to possibly reach that status.

However, they will be in contention this year even with the chemistry and lack of post players and depth.

I don't expect to see a huge blowup about not getting the ball enough. Both Lebron and Wade are still in the process of learning to play off the ball right now and remember this is only game one.

10. LaSalleAve

LaSalleAve when in doubt, mumble

I think it came from Lebron saying they were going to win multiple championships.