Heisman watch

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by islstl, Nov 23, 2019.

1. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Preach on Brother!!!

2. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

Lol. So you think the "populated" West Coasters voted for all those Okie and SEC players?
    The only thing that isn't the same is that West Coast players don't win much at all anymore. Writers aren't staying up late to watch shit and they are all obsessed with the SEC and a few choice others. And you are full of it if you think it doesn't mean much. It means a shit load to the player(s) who win and y'all will puff your chests out, even if it's in private. If Burrow says he doesn't care, he's a facking liar. That's some special company he'll be joining.
    Same goes for the polling position of teams. Is that bullshit too?
    OJ, Charles Woodson, Carson Palmer, Vinny Testaverde, Doug Flutie, Eddie George, Mariota, Lamar Jackson, Ron Dayne....

didit and COTiger like this.
  3. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

[​IMG]

You think those statues don't have an influence? And it doesn't matter that Reggie's is missing....a) I believe it will be restored soon because the NCAA can't enforce jack after 10 years, and b) kids today still know nothing but the highlights.

[​IMG]

Look at that shrine to Mariota. It's only one Heisman but I guarantee you, recruits love that shit. It is still VERY special IMO.

4. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

Preach on Sister!!!

5. uscvball

uscvball Founding Member

There are 3 things that I like to point out to visitors if/when I give them a tour. The Heismans, the Victory Bell, the Shillelagh. 2 of those may or may not be there, but the Heismans are ALWAYS there.

COTiger likes this.
  6. shane0911

shane0911 Helping lost idiots find their village

Boy, someone yeah I'm looking at you @uscvball has their panties in a bunch. Probably because the west coast boys don't win much anymore.

My point is if he has a choice between the trophy and THE TROPHY he is going to want that NC more. Only self serving surfer boys would care more about an individual award that is never really individual anyway. Its shit.

7. CalcoTiger

CalcoTiger Live Long and Prosper IVI

What about the Rose Bowl Parade Route Isnt that part of the tour. And Pete Carrolls old house LOL.

8. CalcoTiger

When I was at Northeast La. University in Monroe I worked for John David Crow and he used to keep his Heisman in the front entry office at the Stadium where the coaches offices were. Everyone used to go in the front office to see it and take pictures.

uscvball and COTiger like this.
  9. CalcoTiger

Joe Burrow has done nothing but be a team player and a leader. Whether we win the Natl. Championship or not if he wins the Heisman it would be a great team honor for LSU . Because you don't win the Heisman alone. It may be givin to an individual but you don't win it without having a team to help you. You think Reggie Bush would have won it with a bad offensive line.

10. CalcoTiger

So does the recognition. Your announced as a Heisman Trophy winner wherever you go.

And Joe deserves it as much if not more than anyone. He believed in himself and took a chance and came to play for the Tigers, And has been a great leader and hard worker and done everything right.

Im proud to have him represent our University and will be known as a LSU Tiger forever.