Hello 2003 National Champ Team fans!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by UT88-92, Jul 1, 2004.

1. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Hello,

I have been checking this board out for a while and wanted to stop and say hi.:grin:

This looks like a great board. LSU looks to be tough again this year even without Mauck. I know that UT does not see you guys but hopefully we will meet in the SEC champ game. What Coach Saban has done with that team is incredible. LSU has become the toast of the SEC in my mind. Everyone thought after Spurrier left that UT would be the top team. Unfortunately you guys have proven to be that team. Anyway just a couple of questions for the fans here.

1) Will Randall be the guy?

2) How is the running game looking?

3) Will that defense be as tough is this year?

4) Who will step up in the receiver position?

Thanks for the responses in advance and good luck in 2004. Again nice board, if your ever surfing around, come on by and check us out to. We will leave the light on for ya. We dont shoot other teams fans till we lose to them:grin:

Thanks

2. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

1) more than likely.

2) need a spare RB? great

3) one of if not the best in country.

4) Early Doucet Dwayne Bowe Skyler Green

good luck and thanks.

3. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Note to rival posters. This is how you do it. Sucking up will get you everywhere.

To answer:
    1. Yes
    2. Great.
    3. Yes
    4. Green, Bowe, Davis, Doucet, Carter, etc., etc., etc.

4. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

So is Randall doing that well?

Heard some rumors that the other guy you have is really good.

5. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Kind of hard to have to suck up when your team is Number 1 dont ya think?
    :thumb:

6. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

Randall is a 5th year senior with experience and athletic ability and he knows the system. Russell and Flynn are, so far, all potential but green as the grass.

7. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Any problems along the offensive line?

Oh and By the way if you all could please Take care of UGA again..

It would be much appreciated:grin: :grin: :grin:

8. Tigerskin

Tigerskin Founding Member

Thanks for the compliments

We hope Randall will be the guy but aren't sure. That question alone is probably going to result in a thread full of bickering.
    The running backs are truly awesome and there are a lot of them
    The defense should be really good again. We lost Lavalais, Marquise, Jack Hunt, and Eric Alexander. Will have talented people to replace them but will have to wait to see how they "mesh"
    At receiver will have good ones in Skyler, Dwayne Bowe and Craig Davis. Also newcomers Doucet, Hawkins, and Xavier Carter can make an impact. This QB-receiver connection is the big question and will go a long way in determining how this season turns out, IMO.

9. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome UT88-92!

Thanks for the very kind words.

1) Will Randall be the guy?
    That's the question of the year around here. Right now Saban has said that Randall is the guy until someone else (Russell or Flynn) proves they should be. I'd say 65%-70% of the members here think Randall will be the man while 30%-35% think Russell or Flynn will become the starter at some point.

2) How is the running game looking?
    Great. We actually have a logjam of quality backs but it looks as though Justin Vincent will be the starter with Cary, Addai, Broussard and Edwards getting various touches depending on the situation.

3) Will that defense be as tough is this year?
    We think it will be. We have some big time players stepping up to fill the shoes of Lavalais and Hill but we are admittedly thin on the d-line. The report that Oliver who was expected to contribute to our depth might be in legal trouble is worrisome. Hunt will be missed but we have even more talented players who can step in if they are able to get the mental part of the position down.

4) Who will step up in the receiver position?
    As of right now it's looking like Green, Bowe, Davis, Hill (injury?), Doucet (fresh) and Carter (fresh).

Thanks for stopping by. We haven't had too many Vols around here lately.

10. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Thanks for the kind replies. I am BIG ORANGE all the way but SEC Second.

I was so happy when LSU won the NC. kind of keeps it in the family. I like the breakdown. Broussard? Is that relative to the other guy you had a few years back? I think you had another running back by the same did you not?

I really knew that Vincent would be the guy in the backfield but wasn't sure if anyone had been stepping up during spring drills.

Again thanks for the kind response. I always try to wipe my feet when I go to someone elses board. Not all of Tennesseans we raised in a barn!:lol:

Thanks