Hello 2003 National Champ Team fans!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by UT88-92, Jul 1, 2004.

1. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Good question!

No it has not ... the only people that believe there is anything to the Bama mess is the Bama fans. I have never seen so many people live in the past so much..

The bama thing is blown way out of proportion. It does not affect UT fans or the team at all. And the only reason that Bama is so upset is that UT has OWNED them for almost a decade now. That is not done very often

2. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Glad to Have You over Here, Rob

I know a lot of guys blow smoke about "we go 3-deep at every position," and Lord knows we get our share around here, but, in all seriousness, we have 5 RB's who can take it a long way on any play. Of course, you know about JV, but Addai and Carey shared starting duties until both got nicked up. Broussard is the power guy, but he has slimmed down and is pretty quick for 225 lbs. Edwards is the guys a lot of us want to see more of. We like the other guys just fine, but the little bit I've seen of Edwards leads me to believe that he'll make some major noise before he leaves. Rather than take a RS, he accepted his role on special teams.

Right now, a lot of us kind of feel like my wife and I on the day when each of us went shopping without knowing the other went too. Where do you put all the stuff? Do we need five of these? Don't we have three of those already? Oh well, nice problem to have.

BTW, I agree that your O-line had better play big and your backs had better produce, 'cause I have my doubts about your QB situation. You guys will be a lot better off in 2005, IMHO.

GEAUX TIGAHS!!!!

3. UT88-92

UT88-92 Freshman

Better in 2005? You really like Crompton THAT much?

4. DRC

DRC TigerNator

I see and hear alot about Tenn being stuck in the middle of Alabama. Even though the Vols had a 10-3 record last year it could easily have been 7-5 or 6-6 and the fans know it. They looked bad in the Bama game, bad against Marshall, got drubbed by the dawgz and let South Carolina almost hang a loss on them. Duke and Kentucky werent pretty either. No wonder the fans are down on Fulmer. He never impressed me except recruiting. He seems somewhat slobbish and doesnt appear to have good discipline with his players.

5. mtntiger

mtntiger Freshman

Yes and No

I'm not suggesting that Crompton will come in and light the world on fire, but I do know that Ainge and the other guy (please forgive me, I forgot his name) are supposed to be pretty darn good. One of them will see plenty of PT this season I think. Sorry, but Leak and Claussen the younger just won't get it done.

That said, I think Crompton will be incredible by 2006 after a RS year. Like I've posted before, he's incredibly accurate, even though his stats suggest otherwise. I know for a fact that his receivers dropped, on average, five passes right between the numbers EVERY GAME last season. A couple of other passes each game were just throw-aways. Plus, he doesn't play in a wide-open offense. It's very balanced.

Well, it's been great chattin' with ya. Time to get home. Come back often.

GEAUX TIGAHS.

6. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

As hyped and athletic as CJ Leak is, do you think that maybe the SEC has overwhelmed him...seems maybe he wants to be back @ Wake Forest. If Clausen is really in the QB race, that would worry me. He would be last of 5 Qbs at LSU if a certain mutt doesnt decommit his LOI this year. Also, do you really have a QB named Jim Bob Cooter? poor bastard but how fitting for phillip. not sure why, its just perfect and he should start on name alone.

Seriously, with T Munoz on the line and Houston in the backfield and Respert? @ C you guys should be able to run, run run if that line steps up to their ability and could be similar to LSU on offense. Just have to hope your Qb comes in and doesnt make any critical mistakes. If Leak steps it up, UT can compete for the East and overall and I look for them to give UGA and UF a run for the money. Just hope phat phil opens it up when he should. t brown can make some plays.

7. Tirk, you're killing me with that pic, who in the hell is she?! Wow

8. bayareatiger

bayareatiger If it's too loud YOU'RE TOO OLD

Don't give it up, tirk...... :wink:

9. Shadeauxcaster

Shadeauxcaster Founding Member

Just Wondering, Well Bama's gotta blame somebody

Bama is like a Bitin' Sow, they are miserable with themselves, can never admit that their situation is their own fault, and will snap at anything near enough to bite. Torment em all you want for all I care.
    Nice Talkin to you.

10. tirk

tirk im the lyrical jessie james

her name is ferrara and she drives like a ferrari. heh