hello again, tigahs!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by w.j. sidis, Oct 28, 2010.

1. w.j. sidis

w.j. sidis Founding Member

hello again, tigers!

so i posted a couple of times here many moons ago...back in 2003 about making a trip to tiger stadium for the auburn game. i'm a university of texas grad and a group of friends of mine and i (texas and michigan grads) make a trip every year to a college football mecca to take in a great environment and a great game. i actually found the post where i received a lot of great advice from 2003 here:

http://forums.tigerfan.com/tigers-den/7213-man-i-am-pumped-up.html

that trip was the very first one we ever made and it was a blast! we are all around 30 now and we have since made trips to ohio state @ michigan, texas-ou in dallas, lsu @ bama in 2007 (great game!), florida @ tennessee, and usc @ oregon. this year, we are making our first ever return trip and where else could it be but lsu? we will be there next friday to sunday and are ready to roll with tickets and hotels. after being there once, we have a pretty good lay of the land but just wanted to check in with you guys and see if anyone has any advice regarding things going on specific to the alabama weekend...

the first trip, we were lucky enough to hook up with the "krewe of ragoo" which was an INCREDIBLE time...one of the best tailgating days of my life. just curious if those guys are still tearing it up down by the natatorium and track stadium and if we should stop by again. is anyone here a part of that group? also curious if anyone else has a recommendation for any other great tailgates to stop by. we will, of course, come bearing gifts of libations and be happy to contribute in any way.

on the agenda already is a visit to chimes for dinner on friday and i guess tigertown afterwards unless anyone has any better suggestions. saturday will be tailgating and the game, and then who knows after that...open to any suggestions. i was pretty disappointed to see the game got moved to 2:30 instead of being a night game. love those night games at tiger stadium.

anyway, really looking forward to the trip and that famous lsu hospitality and good times. thanks in advance for any suggestions!

:geaux:

2. Cajun Sensation

Cajun Sensation I'm kind of a big deal Staff Member

I won't be at the game this year, but I just wanted to jump on here and say that I love the passion. Y'all seem like a good group.

Have fun, bro.:thumb:

3. col reb

col reb Founding Member

Must be nice having those good friends and all of you being able to do that. I truely respect that. I am not a member of KATT, but I promise you that when you see the tent they set up (early, and I mean EARLY) you will be more than welcome. Not because you are the competition, but because of how you go about it.....few people can do that.....walk up...tell them what you are doing, and hope you are still sober for the kickoff. BTW...KATT stands for "kick ass Tiger tailgating." If, and I believe you are, respectful, you will have the time of your life. Their tent clearly says KATT.....can't miss it. ENJOY...if you are there at nine or ten in the am,,,,,,you are LATE...........

4. Bayou Bengal11

Bayou Bengal11 ~Orlando Tiger Coonass~

Man, I wish I wouldve started something like this out of college!! Thats the way to do it...and proud that BR is y'alls first return trip!! Disappointing it cant be a night game...but being that it's Bama, it should still be a blast!! :thumb:

5. YawYaw_TEAMKATT

YawYaw_TEAMKATT Founding Member

yeah, what he said! :thumb:

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

i can agree with ya on that!:wave:

7. TigerFanNTenn

TigerFanNTenn Founding Member

Me too!! KATT is one hell of a group!

8. Richdog

Richdog 02 Cecilia alumni champs

The krewe of ragoo broke up, but some of them still gather between the natatorium and the track field. I tailgate near them and usually end up watching their tv's.
    Last year for the florida game, they got to the area at 315am! :) I got there around 7 and some of them were drunk already.
    If you wear some UT gear and can't find them, wander around and I'll show you where they are. My brother made friends with Skip, and they keep in touch via text messages. I'm sure they'll be there early again.
    I have to work that morning and should be leaving home around 530-600am, so i'll be there around 7am. :(
    So, how does our football experience compare to the others on your list?
    I was also at the 07 lsu/bama game.

9. w.j. sidis

w.j. sidis Founding Member

very favorably. lsu is a blast and we had a great time when we were there in 2003...setting you guys up for the national championship run. the game was a bit of a disappointment because y'all killed auburn that day but we had a blast eating and chasing girls around tigerland. the only thing that sucks about this trip is most of us are married now so it will never be the same. but i look forward to hitting up some tailgates, eating at chimes, and hopefully an entertaining game. like i said, the 2007 lsu-bama game was an absolute blast!

thanks for all the kind words.

disappointing to here that KOR broke up. not sure where that leaves us as i was counting on those crazy bastards to help us relive a little bit. oh well, it's lsu...i'm assuming we won't have a problem making new acquaintances...