Hello, new poster/guest

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by AUDave, Feb 9, 2003.

1. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Hi folks,
    I am a new poster who enjoys SEC sports and I hope you all don't mind an Auburn fan conversing with you all every now and then. I will not be spewing Auburn stuff all over your board, for it is my intention and desire to talk about LSU sports for informational purposes and fun, especially as it pertains to Auburn sports and the SEC. I am a member of the Auburn forum at autigers.com, but do not get to post much. I am not one to smack talk because it is not that much fun to me and in my opinion, it brings the enjoyment level of the board down for everyone. You all have my word that I will be a respectful and low key poster as a guest here.

Some topics that I hope to talk about with you all in the future are 1. High school football in LA; 2. SEC West v. SEC East in terms of strength, (I hope LSU and Auburn can change the country's perception of our division into a perception of equality with or dominance over the East - Bama should help us in a few years); 3. LSU baseball; and 4. Recruiting - both LSU and Auburn recruiting in LA.

My wife and I spent three years (1998-2001) in New Orleans and loved it. During that time I kept up with LSU a lot more than I have since we moved to Florida. I enjoyed traveling to Baton Rouge for baseball games during the spring. I had more fun at LSU Tiger games than I did at the Zephyr games. While we were in New Orleans, Tulane had some real competitive teams as well. Anyway, I have said too much about nothing, and I look forward to future dialogue with you Tigers and I hope that you all are receptive to a rival Tiger fan. Talk to you all later.

AUDave

2. BayouBengal

BayouBengal Founding Member

As long as you act mature and dont cause trouble. I've seen Tiger fans get ripped a new one here when they acted like idiots. I think I can speak for many people here and say "WELCOME"

3. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Thanks for the Welcome.

I understand completely what you are saying about acting like an idiot and getting rippped on. I would deserve it. Unfortunately, the nature of message boards lends itself to hit and run rival fans that talk smack and leave without a trace. That is not what I am all about. I am not one to get defensive about others' opinion about my team. However, I hope to be able to respectfully offer counter opinions or arguments without being black listed or dismissed. I don't want to impose myself on your board and I am not going to take over your board with numerous posts. I would like to post enough to where you all get to know me and understand where I am coming from. From scanning the posts on your board, it seems like a good place to have intelligent and fun discussions about our passion-college sports. It should be fun here, and I think it will be.

AUDave

4. BRETT

BRETT LSU FAN Staff Member

Welcome AuDave!

I think you'll find that TigerForums.com is more receptive than most forums to fans of rivals schools. One of our oldest members is Chuck, an Auburn fan.

We always welcome intelligent, opposing points of view. Childish behavior by fans from any school, including LSU, isn't tolerated.

I can see by your post that you are the type of rival fan we welcome here. Glad to have you.

BTW, I see you're located at my home away from home, Destin. I absolutely love it. I've probably spent more time in Destin than any other place.

Take care,

5. AUDave

AUDave Founding Member

Destin

Brett,

Destin sure is a nice place to be. It has changed so much over the years. It started out being a nice place to fish. Then it became a nice place to fish and go to the beach. Then in the 80's and 90's it became a great place to fish, swim and play golf. Now it offers shopping as well. When I was a kid we had to go to Ft. Walton Beach to shop for everything; now everyone in Ft. Walton drives to Destin to shop. It does seem like a lot of Louisiana residents vacation here. I think it has more to offer than Gulf Shores and is not too much further away. Talk to you later.

AUDave