Hello there Tigers

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CarolinaGC03, Sep 20, 2007.

1. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

I can't speak for all USC fans coming, but I'm just going for a good time. I love my team and all, but I'm not going to pick a fight with anybody about a football game. I just want to have fun, try some good food, meet some new folks, and soak up a Saturday in the fall. And if we win, that'll just be icing on the cake. :hihi:

1 person likes this.
  2. Fishhead

Fishhead Founding Member

AT NIGHT! Finish the saying.

Anyway, I will be at the stadium, but not at the game itself. I'm bringing my boys to see Mike VI, and as soon as the band comes down the hill and into the stadium...I am heading back home.

I know the passing game has been inconsistent...and this is probably NOT the week to get that turned around...especially with poor O'line play. A QB with scrambling ability would help big time...but I think Mitchell is in for a long day. If you can somehow get the running game going, it might help. But we have only given up 28 ypg rushing so far...so I don't know about that, either. I'm curious to see how our offense stacks up against your defense...especially without Early Doucet in the game. We looked real good last week without him or Flynn...but that was against MTSU. Should be interesting.

3. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

Fair enough analysis. I've read where back-up QB Chris Smelley, who has been hurt, could be upgraded back to #2 status. He hasn't seen much playing time, but he was Spurrier's first big recruit at USC, and if Mitchell sucks it up, I wouldn't be surprised to see him bring in his guy.

I really like the defense. The linebacking corps is outstanding and the defensive backs are pretty solid. The D-Line needs a little work, but they're getting there.

The thing I like most about Spurrier is he isn't afraid to use trick plays if he thinks his team isn't clicking. He used one to put away Mississippi State last year and also used one to beat Kentucky last year. He won't just pound his proverbial head against the wall over and over. I'm hoping he comes out and uses a trick play right away, perhaps grabbing an early lead and gaining some needed momentum. We shall see.

1 person likes this.
  4. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

That's actually a very effective coaching tactic and often "Sparks" the offense/team. Can be huge momentum changer- Spurrier's no dummy.

5. Contained Chaos

Contained Chaos Don't we all?

Ask any of the three teams that we've played so far...by the time the back-up QB comes in, the game is already well out of hand. So, if I were you, I'd hope to not see this kid on Saturday, regardless of how highly-touted he was. Tyrod Tailor was the No. 1 dual-threat QB in the country last year, and he still couldn't bring the Hokies within 41.

6. CarolinaGC03

CarolinaGC03 Freshman

Well, Spurrier won't be like Beamer and wait until the team is down by 400 points to try someone new. He doesn't have that kind of patience, which can be good or bad depending on how you look at it.

7. Luv4LSU

Luv4LSU Founding Member

Welcome to the board, Carolina. I'm sure you'll have a great time at Tiger Stadium. I have a feeling that Spurrier's visor will be off more than it is on his head tomorrow afternoon! :)

:geauxtige

8. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

well said!

9. LSUfan71

LSUfan71 Founding Member

That's because they know "wart eagle" sound stupid....welcome GC!