Hello!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Eneq, Jan 11, 2011.

1. $TigerFan$

$TigerFan$ Father of CajinKid

Welcome!
    As you are already a LSU Tigerfan, you are on the right track.
    May you live long and prosper.:milesmic:

2. lsu99

lsu99 whashappenin

I'm your typical uneducated American (at least my generation - in my early 30's) that knew little about Norway until I started working for a Norwegian oil & gas company about six years ago. I've been fortunate to visit a few times (Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen, and a small town in Stord) and thoroughly enjoyed the trips although doubtful I'll be able to go back anytime soon.

The division that I worked for a couple of years ago was great because my colleagues that I dealt with most often were from many cultures. It's much easier to learn about different parts of the world when you get to know someone well from there. Of the (roughly) dozen people I interacted with most often, there were co-workers born/raised in India, Norway, Russia, China, Albania (two), Scotland, Vietnam, and Australia. It's also nice that virtually all Norwegians speak English even though it's not the first language.

1 person likes this.
  3. sugarlsu

sugarlsu Founding Member

The Kelsey Grammar police come out in pink nighties!

If this was the first thread I read here it would be the last! :)

4. Fritzz

Fritzz Founding Member

My second language is Russian and understand the coolness of working with more than one culture. I grew up in Louisiana and lived in Russia after the fall.

5. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

He's talking about me, and I'm not that bad.

6. LSUTiga

LSUTiga TF Pubic Relations

It's not the different parts of the world I'm interested in but would love to hear about different parts IN difererent parts of the world.

Did you put stickers up on your headboard, representing each country after respective experiences, like they do on the back of RV's?

7. StaceyO

StaceyO Football Turns Me On

Aw, I think you're sweet!

8. Jackson

Jackson Tiger in NC

Welcome, this is a fun place (most of the time). There are some real comedians on here, and I sometimes find myself laughing out loud. The 'thick skin' advice is also good. I was told the same when I joined, and that was helpful advice.