Help! I need some advice!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jul 26, 2006.

1. TwistedTiger

TwistedTiger Founding Member

Forget it, you are getting married. As much as we love LSU football getting married is a little more important. Go get married , have a great time at the reception and read the paper the next day.

2. COTiger

COTiger 2010 Bowl Pick 'Em Champ

The last two posts contain some sound advice.

1. As mesquite tiger wrote, this won't be the last LSU game you miss :lol:

2. Twisted Tiger nailed it. Hopefully you will only get married once. Enjoy the day & night.

Odds are CBS will pick up the game in the afternoon and you will be able to watch it while trembling waiting for the ceremony. A little Crown and water does wonders for the nerves. :lol:

3. Ch0sn0ne

Ch0sn0ne At the Track

This is crap advice. What's the point of getting married if you are gonna have to worry about things like this the rest of your life.

Don't get me wrong, I am happily married to a woman that is way out of my league. But she knows damn well that even though her birthday is in mid October, if it falls on gameday she's wearing purple and going to or at least watching the game. By the way, she has no problem with this.

She knew this going in, and that's why it works.

You have not even set the ground rules yet. That's like buying a car and waiting for the statement to come in to find out what your payment is.

Lay the law now, or you are in deep sh*t!

4. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

I suggest subliminal recordings all night every night until she thinks changing the date is her idea.:hihi:

5. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

Hire a proxy to stand in for the ceremony and you will probably make the reception. If you don't, you'll still be there in time for the fun part. Just make sure the proxy is ugly.

6. NoLimitMD

NoLimitMD Founding Member

It is impossible to overstate how true this is. First, you're primarily responsible for not having a red flag go up when you saw an October wedding date and didn't do your due diligence.

However, all is not lost. Maybe pay some of her family members to not be able to go, and then she'd want to reschedule.

Or, definitely take the direct route. Explain what a terrible idea it is, and that you simply won't do it.

If she doesn't buy that bluff, make sure your groomsmen have a TV somewhere, and they each have a radio on their person. Then enjoy the night.

7. 00Tiger

00Tiger Founding Member

Yeah if your groomsmen cannot handle a simple task such as this, then you need new friends.

8. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

I though most weddings were scheduled well in advance. You'd figure by now someone would have noticed that the date in question was an LSU game and asked you what you were thinking. If this hasn't happened, you need to re-evaluate who your friends are and why they didn't notice the date.

This, of course, is in addition to the obvious question of if you are such a big fan why you would OK a date without consulting the schedule.

9. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Never get married in a month that ends in "R".... or a day that ends in "Y".

10. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Dude.......If she doesn't change the date, consider jumping off a cliff. That may be your best move now.But your biggest mistake was ALLOWING a fall wedding to begin with. I told my wife she could pick any date she wanted as long as it wasn't on ANY Saturday from mid-August through Mid-January.