Help! I need some advice!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

My wife and I entered our relationship on equal terms:
    She thought I was rich and I thought she liked sex.

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I WAS rich
    She LIKED sex.

Everything changed shortly after the reception though

3. Hawker45

Hawker45 Founding Member

Actually, things started going downhill a few weeks after the reception. We went to see Titanic a few weeks later and on the way out I said, "You know, if that witch had gotten into the lifeboat when they told her to get in the lifeboat, that damn movie coulda been over in two hours".

4. COramprat

COramprat Simma Da Na

Get married at halftime on the 50.

5. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I thought of that, but no one would respond to my calls or e-mails though

6. goldengirlfan

goldengirlfan simple man

If she won't budge, call it off. If you go through with it, you're gonna be dealing with a lot of anniversaries falling on game day and it'll cause a ruckus every time. Show her who wears the pants now (or maybe buy her a bigger diamond).:hihi:

7. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

I am sorry but your wedding is far more important than a football game. Back off the game and focus on what is really important - the wedding. You can't plan your life around football, or at least you shouldn't. By telling your fiance you want to postpone the wedding to see a football game, you are telling her she is not that big a priority in your life - something no future wife wants to hear. Even if the game is played at 1:00, that is going to be cutting it too close. A lot will be going on that day aside from the game and there will be a lot for you to do. Leaving yourself just an hour or two to get everything done between the end of the game and the wedding is courting disaster. You need to keep focused on what is really important. If the game is more important than the wedding, perhaps you are not ready for marriage. Also, contrary to what other posts have said, this is not about "who is boss." To enter into a marriage with the idea that marriage is a boss/subordinate relationship is to enter the union with two strikes against you. Marriage is an equal partnership. So stop worrying about the game. The game will only last a few hours. With a little luck and a lot of effort the marriage will last you the rest of your life. This may not be what you wanted to hear, but it is sound advise.

8. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Thanks for all the advice. I hope that something can be worked out. I was thinking that LSU played Kentucky on October 7th. Although I would like to see the LSU/Kentucky game but it is not as important to me as the Florida game. I also didn't think about our anniversary being during football season. I screwed up big time. Maybe I can talk her into eloping in a few weeks before football season starts?? I don't think that is possible but hey, I won't know until I try. I guess if that doesn't work out, then I will just have to have a walkman on during the ceremony listening to the game. :hihi:
    Well, hopefully I will be able to work things out with her. If not, then like one of you wrote, I will just have to read it in the paper the next day.
    Thanks again and Geaux Tigers!!
    :geauxtige

9. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

If you take this advise, you would be best to go ahead and cancel the wedding. Obviously it would not be that important to you. You cannot plan your life around sports.

10. Marty

Marty Founding Member

That's why I got married in July. No LSU sports at that time. I told my wife that if we got married in the fall a lot of my friends would be at the game instead of the wedding. :hihi:

Seriously, if you can't change that date its not THAT big of deal. The game will probably be on CBS and start at 2:30. By the time you have to get ready the Tigers will be kicking Florida's butt and you can leave and get ready. :geauxtige