Help! I need some advice!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jul 26, 2006.

1. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

You're amusing. :)

But hey, our wedding is currently being planned around LSU sports seasons and it's a mutual thing to plan it that way! Obviously the guy who started this thread does not share the same passion for sports that we do though. The first clue to this is that he's even got this issue to deal with in the first place.

I suspect the wedding on game day is really no big deal for him. If he was a die hard football fan like many of us, they would have taken it into consideration. Yeah, even his fiance would have done so. But nah, neither of them thought about it. So I doubt there is a problem.

He'll just pick up the sports section the next day, and he'll be fine. To each his own....

2. TigerSnarl

TigerSnarl Air Conditioned Gypsy

You may be right, it may not be that big of a problem. Personally, I can't imagine scheduling anything in the fall on a Saturday without having a red flag come up. My wife, friends, family and even my employees all know this constraint.

3. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

To say that I am not passionate about LSU is like a slap in the face to me. I am a die hard LSU fan and always will be. Am I going to cancel the wedding due to an LSU game?? No. As much as I love LSU, I love my fiance and family more. Sometimes we have to remind ourselves that Football is just a game. I like any other LSU fan, love to watch my Tigers play. I am committed to LSU but also you must remember, I am more committed to my family. I am sorry but family comes first. The advice that I was looking for was really that maybe there was a way to watch the game and still marry the love of my life. The rescheduling I spoke about was maybe moving the time of day but she has her heart set on a night wedding on that day. I will not do anything to disappoint her. I would like to watch the game but hey, the game only last 3 hours. My marriage ( Lord willing ) will last a lifetime.

4. LSUGradin99

LSUGradin99 I Bleedeth Purple 'N Gold

Relax. I did not say you were not passionate about LSU. Just not as die hard as some people. Spare us your lecture on life. :)

You need to get a dvr or tivo through your cable or satellite provider. Then you need to schedule it to record the game, but set the end time to be at least two hours beyond the scheduled end time of the game under the settings. The games usually run long, especially if it's a CBS game. I'd go as far as three hours long on the recording, just to be safe. Then you need to make sure it is set not to delete until you manually delete it.

5. Broke

Broke Founding Member

I made an equal mistake. I got married November 21, 1998. NOTRE DAME VS. LSU. Nobody even remembered the wedding. But they do remember LSU lost 39 to 36. I don't know if I was more nervous about the game or the ceremony (keep in mind we dated 8 years). Everyone was "miked up" and it wasn't with the wedding microphones. Lots of earpieces and portable televisions. But they were at least able to drown their sorrows at my expense (open bar).

6. lsufaninmiss

lsufaninmiss GEAUX TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will tivo it and make you a dvd of it for a wedding present for you.

:helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet: :helmet:

7. lsufaninmiss

And when my children got married, they made sure it wasn't during football season. My daughter got married in March and my son got married in July.

They told me they wanted me to be at the wedding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I have been to weddings before when LSU! was playing and the first thing I did when the wedding was over was to go to the truck to see what the score was.

Some good friends of ours got married the night of the Miami game last December. I was the first one out of the wedding, the bride and groom asked if I was going to the reception and I told them no, I had me a football game to watch.

8. LSUFAN910

LSUFAN910 Founding Member

Hey,
    That would be great. I appreciate it. Hopefully, our tigers play well.
    :geauxtige

9. lsufaninmiss

No problem, I like doing nice things for other Tiger fans, pm me later with your address.

10. cajdav1

cajdav1 Soldiers are real hero's

That's not what he said. He said you weren't as muchj of a diehard fan as most of the guys on this board, i.e. most of us would have had the football season at the forefront of our thinking when discussing wedding dates. I know I did when I planned mine 20 something years ago.

And it wasn't just because of me, it was also because of my future father in law and all of the groomsmen. There would have been no excuse to make them miss an LSU game just because I was not thinking of them. And my father in law would have demanded we change it, and no way I would have wanted to get on his bad side that early into the marriage.