Help! I need some advice!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by LSUFAN910, Jul 26, 2006.

1. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

The wedding itself is un-important. For the most part it's just a ceremony and party giving women a chance to show off in front of a lrage crowd. The marriage is what's important. You can have a JP marry y'all tomorrow with only one witness if you'd like

-

Am I the only person who thinks this phrase just sounds wrong?

2. Bengal Buddy

Bengal Buddy Founding Member

There is absolutely nothing wrong with planning a wedding so it does not conflict with the football shedule. But if you screw up and schedule it during the football season, stick to it. The wedding is more important. That was my only point.

3. Bengal Buddy

You and your wife remember the wedding. That's what's important.

4. Bengal Buddy

Sorry, but the wedding is extremely important. It is not just a chance for someone to show off. Yes, of course the marriage is important, but the wedding is when the vows are exchanged. It is not separate from the marrige but is an important part of it. And if you think prioritizing the things in one's life and focusing on what is important is wrong, so be it.

5. MLUTiger

MLUTiger Secular Humanist

You poor bastard. Why anyone would even schedule a wedding outside of March - August is beyond comprehension.

6. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

Yes and no. We got married in the Judges chambers. (The judge was a friend of my mom's so we were able to keep it more private instead of a court room where whoever wandered in could be there.) Just my best friend since I was 4 years old (and her husband), my husbands best friend, and my parents attended. No big to-do, and I wore a little black dress. (I don't like fru-fru!)

Those vows were not any less important or meaningful than if it had been a big church affair. And honestly, I don't see the sense in that. It was the vows that were the important part. I think many brides lose that part in the quest to have a perfect presentation. The large scale, "grand" display where the vows are secondary. Think of all the Bridezilla's you hear about.

But that is all just my opinion.

Oh, and we got married the first of February. After football season, and before baseball season. :thumb: Although it can interfere with basketball. (Our one bit of not thinking.)

7. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

My wife and i got married in Eureka Springs Arkansas (they charged us double cause we werent related haha j/k) Nov 9 02.....The same day of the bluegrass Miracle......it was just us and the minister and some odd ball wondering around....we got married in the morning went to the Outback and ate and drink some cold ones during the game then . we came back to Oklahoma and left out on the honeymoon.....

oh yeah it was also the day that OU lost their first game of the year against tx am ........what a wonderful and great day it was

8. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

NO self respecting LSU fan even thinks about having a wedding at anytime during the fall. Always a spring or summer wedding.

Looks like your stuck like chuck.

9. OkieTigerTK

OkieTigerTK Tornado Alley

:thumb:

10. LSU_Fan_In_OK

LSU_Fan_In_OK Founding Member

thought you might like that one Okie!! haha