Henderson NFL?

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Perple, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Perple

Perple Founding Member

Devery is queitly having a great Senior season, with Clayton being double covered for the past few games. I wonder how long before teams take notice, and try to cover him? He is 6 catches away from catching Clayton, (Pardon the pun) and 1 catch away from his entire number of catches last season. I don't follow NFL draft stuff closely, was wondering where Henderson might project in the upcoming draft?

2. LSUweezie

LSUweezie Founding Member

I'd say mid 2nd to early 4th is where he'll go.

3. MikeD

MikeD Sports Genius

Henderson has the raw skills (speed, decent hands, leaping ability, etc.) but it appears to me he can't run routs with any precision. It seems like the only time he catches a ball is on a bubble screen or a bomb. You never see him doing a 10 yard out. It probably is due to his relative inexperience at the WR position and some team would use a late round pick on him.

4. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

With his experience of the broken arm, he won't likely risk a senior year and another chance at a career-ending injury. Second round or higher and he's probably gone.

5. Tigah Fan

Tigah Fan Founding Member

Devery is a senior this year.

6. NOSA

NOSA Founding Member

I'm with MikeD on this one. I've never really watched him run routes, but like you said he seems to make most of his catches on the bubble screens and what not. Has all the athletic ability but just needs some time. Right now I say 4th Round at BEST but that can definitely change with so many games left in the season.

7. LSUsupaFan

LSUsupaFan Founding Member

6th round would be my best estimate, but he could improve his stock.

8. TomyDingo

TomyDingo Founding Member

if Josh Reed was an early 2nd round, I think Henderson would be around 3rd or 4th round.