Herbstreit and Corsoe nail it again!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CJD4LSU, Sep 10, 2006.

1. CJD4LSU

CJD4LSU Founding Member

Durnig Gameday yesterday...both Corsoe and Herbstreit picked LSU to win a "close" ballgame. I am sure glad that those guys know what they are talking about!:lsup: LSU! :crystal: LSU! :lsup:

2. DallasLSU

DallasLSU Founding Member

Corso also picked Penn State to beat ND...The guy is an idiot, seriously..

3. JP4LSU

JP4LSU Founding Member

I was expecting for PSU to keep it close, it was wishful thinking that they would win, but I was expecting a better turnout by PSU.

Saying the LSU/Arizona game would be close was just stupid. The talent alone seperates these teams by a mile.
    I knew the 15 pt spread was very low.

4. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I've never expected LSU to get much credit on the national scale. Not by many people. We're ranked behind FL for goodness sakes. Before the season started some polls had Miami AHEAD of us. And don't let me get started on Herbstreit and Corsoe. My favorite moment of all time at a LSU football came in 1999(?) The no.1 Florida team came into tiger stadium and ESPN Gameday was there. Before the game started ESPN was doing their broadcast and a chant from the fans kept getting louder and louder. What was that chant? "F You Corsoe." I was a little upset when my dad broke in with the "LSU" chant and everyone switched over to that. . .

5. cadillacattack

cadillacattack Illegitimi non carborundum est

You guys do realize that the Gameday crew is expected to frequently take opposing sides in order to manufacture the drama that fans want to here, right?

They're just pimping the games that appear on their family of networks .... current and future.

6. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

I agree.

Too bad ESPN Gameday doesn't pimp LSU vs. Auburn and instead is going to USC Neb. . . .what kinda crap is that?

7. jibboo

jibboo Founding Member

Corsoe picked the TEXASS Bonghorns too...

Dave.

8. edyel

edyel edyel

That is the espn/abc/disney/west coast media crap. They want to shove their picks down the throats of all unsuspecting college football fans. That is going to backfire on them when Dec. rolls around. There are not many media/sportswriters outside of the state that have LSU going very far this season. Thats ok too. It would not suprise me that after we BEAT auburn in their house they still don't give this team recognition. Like CLM said "We want to earn our wins", or something like that. Screw the press.:shock: :geauxtige :geauxtige

9. MCab

MCab Founding Member

I think your dad did a good thing. The low-brow swearing chants are getting old. Especially on national tv, we don't need to further lower our reputation.

10. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

1st of all- isn't it spelled CORSO (no e)?

Secondly- 1997. I was there as well.

Thirdly- I agree about the vulgarity of the chants. The student section randomly employs "F---" into chants, which I do not partake of, and then the "KICK THEIR @$$" is also uncalled for. It's not part of tradition as far as I know. It's just the recent generations of students garnering a poor reputaition for our fans. It's really kind of classless, and makes me kind of sad to be an LSU fan at times.

Finally- I don't put a dime on who either picks. However, it's fun to watch them talk. Same as watching something like Crossfire. It's like watching a train wreck, kinda.