Herbstreit and Corsoe nail it again!!

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by CJD4LSU, Sep 10, 2006.

1. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

If it was 1997, that'd have made me 13 yrs old. . . darn, fun times. That game was awesome.

But yea as far as Herbstreit and Corso(e) are concerned, they suck at picks. I think i've only seen Corso(e) pick LSU in 1 tough game and that was last year vs. Bama. Herbstreit went w/ Bama ofcourse.

2. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

What do you expect them to say...."We have LSU-Arizona on ESPN2 tonight...It'll be a bloodbath (i.e. no need to watch)"?

How many people really expected 45-3?

LSU is ranked in the top 10...talked about in most shows..and Fowler called them one of the most impressive teams thus far.

Fans of EVERY team think their school doesn't get enough respect. This crap gets really old, guys.

And Corso has picked LSU a whole lot more times than he's picked against them.

:eek:ldskule:

3. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Well no joke, anybody could say "LSU vs. ULL? I think I'll take LSU." But in any tough match every year neither pick LSU hardly if ever.

Besides, how much can you hype a LSU vs. AZ game anyway? The only people that are going to watch are LSU and AZ fans and possibly a few ESPN gameplan die hards. Now LSU vs. Auburn on the other hand. That has "awesome game" written all over it. The reason why ESPN gameday is bypassing it for a USC vs. Neb game is beyond me.

4. Lil Jules

Lil Jules Founding Member

Thank you. College Gameday isn't a public service. They talk about what people want to hear about. It turns out that most of the country finds Texas, USC, and ND more interesting that LSU. No big deal. It's not like we're being completely ignored either. Gameday comes to Baton Rouge almost every year now that we are good again (maybe not this year because the schedule is aweful). Chances are they'll be on location at one or more of our road games too.

Also, we should be a little grateful that we don't get hyped as much as some other schools. Nothing ruins a season faster than players getting over confident because of all the hype surrounding them. Let our guys have a little chip on their shoulders that they can take out on the rest of the SEC. If we take care of our business on field, we'll get our due in the media. Eyes on the prize fellas.:crystal:

5. Purple Jungle

Purple Jungle Founding Member

Just a few picks I can think of...

'02 Preseason - Corso picks LSU vs. Texas for MNC
    '03 LSU vs. Georgia - Corso picks LSU
    '03 LSU vs. Oklahoma - Corso picks LSU
    '04 LSU vs. Oregon State - Corso picks LSU
    '05 LSU vs. Alabama - Corso picks LSU

And ABC's putting a lot of eggs in the Saturday Primetime basket.

IF they pick USC-Nebraska for Gameday, it's understandable from a marketing standpoint.

ABC only picked four definite games for primetime prior to the season...

ND at Ga Tech
    OSU at Texas
    Nebraska at USC
    ND at USC

A lot of other weeks will be regionalized.

6. MCab

MCab Founding Member

The whole ESPN/sportscaster cabal is nothing more than the sports version of the O'Reilly factor: we are watching characatures. People who stir the pot and are controversial are interesting and we want to watch them and TALK ABOUT THEM ON OUR FAVORITE FORUMS. Which means they are doing their jobs.

I mean, we can form our own opinions, who cares about theirs?

7. lsu_dane

lsu_dane Founding Member

Whoa! One whole game a year? Amazing. I'd like to see what Kirk's picks were though. . .he seems even more bias than Corso(e). Still with the geniuses at ESPN hopefully they won't see LSU coming and then take the side of "LSU is doing amazing, this is they're read. let's give them NC game." . . . one can dream.

8. friedriches

friedriches mr. t

He picked us against UGA in '03 I know for sure, and there are several other times I believe he picked us in big games.

And someone called it like O'Reilly after I compared it to Crossfire- WEAK! :D

9. HatcherTiger

HatcherTiger Freedom Isn't Free

Here is Corso b4 the Jawja game and greeting LSU fans: