Herbstreit is a freakin' joke

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by red55, Aug 20, 2003.

1. red55

red55 curmudgeon Staff Member

Everybody dumps on Corso, but at least Corso picks LSU now and then.

Here is Herbstreit's latest.

http://espn.go.com/ncf/preview03/columns/herbstreit/1599450.html

Get this:
    Arkansas will win the SEC west
    Saban is not among the best defensive head coaches
    Michael Clayton is nowhere mentioned

In fact LSU is only mentioned once: it has the 3rd best students "Easy on the whiskey fellas"

What a nimrod.

2. TitanTiger (AU)

TitanTiger (AU) Founding Member

Auburn fans aren't too happy with him either. Neither Ronnie nor Carnell mentioned as one of the top six RBs in the country. No mention of Dontarrious Thomas. Where does he get dope that strong?

3. Bengal B

Bengal B Founding Member

Is Herbstreit crazy? Kansas State and Virginia Tech in the Sugar Bowl? K State will lose at least 2 Big 12 games after tehy finish running up 70- 0 scores on nobodies and V Tech will get their annual beating from Miami.

Clayton not listed in top 5 WRs and Roy Williams only 4th? And what is a Hogmollies? How much crack does he smoke?

4. texascajun

texascajun Founding Member

Brock Berlin is ready to shine!

5. GMTarondor

GMTarondor Founding Member

Kirk is a Big 10 man..through and through. He was a former Ohio State QB. He mainly keeps up with the northern schools and gets his southern sports info from others at ESPN.

He does, however, truly enjoy coming down and wathcing SEC football, and one of his fondest memories of SEC football was at LSU.

Personally, I think they are full of it. Keep in mind folks, these guys a TV personalities and you got to piss a few of us off to keep a few others happy.

6. Pastimer

Pastimer Founding Member

Kirk Herbstreit (or is it Herb Kirkstreit?) is simply another pretty-boy, ex-jock, empty-suit that the networks try to ram down our throats. There is far less substance there than there is style. That is why I always wait until kickoff to turn the games on.

7. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

NC State got 6 (all football related) mentions. LSU got one (Best Students). I'm with Pastimer. Ignore that crap because it'll just aggravate you. Stick to southern talk radio like the one with Brando and Bowden. They KNOW where the best ball is played.

8. Tiger Dabbs

Tiger Dabbs T.D.

SabanFan, I can't believe it has come to this....the first time I do NOT agree with you. Oh, I agree about ignoring all that crap, but there is better southern talk radio than Brando & Bowden. I used to really like Brando when he left BR for CBS 'bigtime' but when he was picked up on "Conference Call" with Max Howell and Scott, I realized he was an arrogant ass!!

Fortunately though, Max and Scott have started "Southern Sports Tonight" which is the same as the original conference call was before Brando destroyed it. I got nothing bad to say about Bowden.

9. SabanFan

SabanFan The voice of reason

I will side with you. Go Southern Sports Tonight!!

Brando has gotten a little uppity since his WBRZ days but I never heard him dis LSU.

10. DValley

DValley Founding Member

I think Herbstreit is still upset from taking a golfball to the head during the Gameday broadcast. That's why he pisses on LSU.