Herbstreit is an imbecile

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

No late breaking new, for sure, but, he's always in my face flapping his imbecile lips.

1) Basically he said that his decision was intelligent for reserving judgement on removing USC from #1. In his opinion, they're obviously the best team in the country (With about the same conviction that he proclaimed Michigan and Ohio St. the two best teams in the country last year.)

At least Brent Musberger? slipped in that Nebraska hadn't beat a top 10 team in probably a decade.

But here's my biggest beef. The man dosen't know about the NASCAR chase for the Nextel Cup. Even my wife has a basic understanding from just watching Regis & Kelly. What planet is this guy from? He makes a living from commentating on College Football and has no idea about NASCAR? Please! He's a bigger imbecile then we could have imagined.
    He's nothing more than a suit with teleprompters. When not in use, they shove him in a closet with a bag of peanuts.

2. MFn G I M P

MFn G I M P Founding Member

Why does being a college football broadcaster have to know about NASCAR? How are they mutually exclusive.

I swear people look for the tiniest thing to bash reporters for.

I don't like the guy but come on this is like saying that the Mr. X, a college baseball announcer, doesn't know anything about the national diving championship. Totally irrelevant to his college football broadcasting credentials.

2 people like this.
  3. martin

martin Banned Forever

wake up gimp. nascar and college football are virtually the same sport.

4. JayB

JayB Never Forget 31

Haha. NASCAR sucks. I try to watch it and fall asleep. How long can you watch a car go around in a circle?

1 person likes this.
  5. martin

martin Banned Forever

you clearly do not understand football.

1 person likes this.
  6. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

He doesn't. Neither does he have to know that the triple Crown of Horse Racing is the Kentucky Derby, the Preakness, and the Belmont. He doesn't have to know about the World Series, or where the College World Series in played every year. He can even say "What's March Madness, i never heard of that."

But when he doesn't know the basics of the most popular sports in America, especially when he works in the sports industry, i deem him an idiot, and a freak, cause that's what he is. It's called strong circumstantial evidence. Strong enough to convict.

7. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

I bet you 95% of Sports Fans could not name 2/3 of the Triple Crown.

Herbie does radio shows around the country all year long, including his own. I bet he knows something about other sports.

8. martin

martin Banned Forever

i think i can speak for everyone when i say that we have no idea if you are serious or what you are talking about.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I can't believe I'm gonna defend Herbie here.
    Maybe he doesn't give a chit about any sport not called college football. He obviously doesn't watch the Busch series on Saturdays, and maybe he spends Sundays either re-watching college games, or watching NFL games. I am about as big a college football fan I know, and I don't know squat about how the NEXTEL chase works. Mainly becuase I am not interested in the sport, do not watch the sport, and do not read about the sport. I'm sure there are NASCAR people that don't know how the BCS works, and they probably don't care.

1 person likes this.
  10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

is your last name Herbstreit?