Herbstreit is an imbecile

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I bet if you'd poll all sports analyst in the country, 99% would know basic facts about the most popular sports.

Like, Nascar has a chase for points that determines the champion. They wouldn't know the intricate point details, but they would know that basic statement.

the 1% that doesn't know: Herb Herbstreit & Doug Flutie.

2. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Well...I don't know sh*t about NASCAR either....don't particularly care to....

EDIT: But I do know about the Nextel Cup...couldn't tell you the point details or who the top 10 drivers are...

3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

Well, whoopty frickin doo. You're not a sports analyst working for ESPN. If you were you'd know the happenings of popular sports by just absorbing a bit of the culture/scene of your business. Whether you liked it or not, unless you are an imbecile.

4. TigerBait3

TigerBait3 Guest

So, you think he doesn't know anything based on that one little segment of him. Sounds like a good way to go about it.

5. martin

martin Banned Forever

i am gonna give frogleg the benefit of the doubt and assume he is just winding us up.

6. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I see your point, but as far as Herbstreit is concerned, he was hired to cover college football. And he does just that (whether we feel he does a good job of it or not).

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

He told Brent Musberger that he knew absolutely nothing about it. Didn't even know that they raced for points to determine a champion.

8. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

I'm sure Herbie knows that the chase exists. Flutie too. But these guys jobs have them pretty booked up through the weekends (when NASCAR races are happening) so they probably don't have the time, nor do they care about a sport which pays them 0 to foolow as opposed to the ones that they participated in and still make a considerable salary from.

9. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

Did he say that he "didn't know they raced for points'? Or did he only say he knew "nothing about it"? Because I would define myself as pretty much knowing "nothing about it", but I do know that they get points. How they collect these points is beyond me however.

10. martin

martin Banned Forever

i feel unqualified to comment, because of my ignorance of cuban professional jai-alai.

1 person likes this.