Herbstreit is an imbecile

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by Frogleg, Sep 16, 2007.

1. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

i'm not saying that any sportsfan in particular should know the very basics about other popular sports. But for me, at least, Herbie being oblivious to the very basics about a popluar sport engaged in a championship, given his job and the industry that he works in, provides strong circumstantial evidence that he's an imbecile. Which most of us knew anyway...

2. Nutriaitch

Nutriaitch Fear the Buoy

His job is to analyze, and call college football games. Nowhere does it say he has to watch, read about, follow, or understand any other professional sport. Not knowing the basics of it mean nothing. It simply means he's not interested in the sport, so he has not educated himself about it at all. It's a sport whose schedule conflicts with the schedule of the sport he covers.

1 person likes this.
  3. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

He didn't know that there is a chase for the cup, with points, etc...Absolutely Nothing! Brent M. was explaining to him that Nascar determined a champion each year.

Herb, "Really? Wow. So is it one race?"

To me, it's amazing that he wouldn't know those rudimentary basics.

4. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

im·be·cile (mb-sl, -sl)
    n.
    1. A stupid or silly person; a dolt.
    2. A person whose mental acumen is well below par.
    3. A person of moderate to severe mental retardation having a mental age of from three to seven years and generally being capable of some degree of communication and performance of simple tasks under supervision. The term belongs to a classification system no longer in use and is now considered offensive.
    adj. also im·be·cil·ic (mb-slk)
    1. Stupid; silly.
    2. Well below par in mental acumen.

Damn, Frogleg, you have a LOT of anger towards someone that alludes to simply not caring for NASCAR.... Herbstreit isn't a general sports anchor for ESPN like Stewart Scott, etc., where he's on an hour-long segment every day and responsible for bringing breaking news for multiple sports.

5. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I agree, but you should comment anyway, because at least you've heard of Jai-alai.

6. TigerFan23

TigerFan23 USMC Tiger

Who cares? It'd be one thing of Herbstreit was a Sportscenter anchor, then I think he'd need to know something about NASCAR. But he's not. He's a college football analyst. To say he's an idiot for not knowing anything about NASCAR is a bit much, if you ask me.

Besides, NASCAR sucks anyway. Who wants to watch a bunch of cars drive around in a circle for 3 hours? :hihi:

7. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

I disagree, there is no anger. Only an objective observation.

Can we all agree that Herbstreit is an imbecile? Somebody crank up a Poll.

8. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

Exactly. Put them on a freeway in LA during rush hour and THEN I might watch...

9. lsuk

lsuk Founding Member

what in the world is going on here?

10. Frogleg

Frogleg Registered Best

And i can guarantee you that he uses that tanning cream. My god, the dude looked orange like a pumpkin. He's an idiot.