Herbstreit says LSU to Rose Bowl

Discussion in 'The Tiger's Den' started by conradj, Nov 24, 2003.

1. conradj

conradj Founding Member

That would be sweet if we cant overtake USC

2. TejasTiger

TejasTiger Founding Member

That gives us Michigan, a very good opponent and an excellent bowl game.

Not bad, not bad at all. If we beat Michigan and finish 13-1, we're a lock for #2 in the final poll, behind the Sugar Bowl winner.

3. YnotUs

YnotUs Founding Member

I wonder if this isn't the best scenario for us. Perhaps all of the juniors would have incentive to come back to take care of unfinished business.

Could even get Mauck to return and forego enrollment in dental school for the chance to lead to NC. If he is overtaken by Russell/Flynn during spring practice, he could enroll for fall. If not, he leads us as a top 5 team and even if he lost starting position during the season (not that that is assured) he would still be a hero around here for the unsellfishness and his future in this area would be unbelievable.

The seniors would then have this resume'
    4 major bowl games
    3 BCS bowl victories
    3 top 10 finishes ( maybe 1 #2 & 1 NC)

I could live with that

4. aztiger03

aztiger03 Founding Member

I dont see the Fiesta Bowl passing on a LSU team that brings tons of money and fans to AZ.

5. LSUfan

LSUfan Founding Member

I'm biased, since graduating from LSU I moved to LA. So I would love to have them here for the Rose, and be able to attend. As it is now, I'm flying home for Christmas and will stay until the Sugar bowl if we make it. So if we don't make the Sugar, LSU in the Rose would be perfect for me.

I also like the match up with Michigan. Atleast we would be playing a top team and not some 3 to 4 loss at large team.

6. Crip*TEAM KATT

Crip*TEAM KATT As Wild As We Wanna Be

Yea he said that LSU would be in the Rose, but that was also after he said that if LSU wins out that they should because of SOS move ahead of USC. But I would persoanlly rather see a LSU/Miami Orange Bowl. Easier and cheaper for LSU fans to get to!

7. burbank tiger

burbank tiger Freshman

Rose Bowl

If we don't make it to the Sugar Bowl, I could live with the Rose Bowl. It is the only major bowl the Tigers have not been to and the goose bumps I would get watching Tiger Band march in the Tournament of Roses Parade would be indescribable. The Rose Bowl Game also has a bigger world wide television audience, so we wouldn't only get a large national viewing, but a huge world wide viewing - something all of us Tiger can appreciate. I'm also only 8 miles away from the Rose Bowl and the Party would start at my place (Lord help the people of Southern California with all of us Tigers out here - bigger than any earthquake weve experienced.)

Isn't it great to finally be talking about our Tigers this way!!!!!!!
    GEAUX TIGERS!!!! BEAT PIGLETS!!!!

8. RockyMtTiger

RockyMtTiger Founding Member

If the Fiesta passes up LSU for Texas, then the Rose Bowl would be a great consolation prize, especially since we've never played Michigan.

9. conradj

conradj Founding Member

I just think of the Rose as the biggest of the Bowls, maybe its the parade, i dont know.

10. BostonBengal

BostonBengal Founding Member

I was just discussing that with one of my friends today (in the event that we get left out/don't make, the Sugar).

LSU fans travel well. Wash. St. lost out big time when they lost to U-Dub.

Should USC remain #2, there's no other team out west to fill the Rose Bowl and Texas fans wouldn't travel that far. The Fiesta Bowl vs Ohio State would be their best bet.

FSU and the Big LEAST champ will play in the Orange Bowl.